Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+---- Forum: Linux - Penumbra (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-25.html)
+---- Thread: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) (/thread-1515.html)

Pages: 1 2

Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 01-21-2008

Hi,
I've played a little, and then I managed to get the french translation (Francais.lang).
I then deleted ~/.frictional and start a new game.
All works in the first two mini-levels, with all strings translated.
However, when I enter in the mine, the game crashes after the short introduction.
Quote:terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
what(): basic_string::resize
/opt/PenumbraEp1/penumbra: line 9: 22218 Abandon ./penumbra.bin "$@"
If I set language to english before entering in the mine, all works fine, but... Instancied object are saved with their english name/description! and I'm not going to switch between french and english all the time...

Any solution?

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Urkle - 01-21-2008

Can you provide a backtrace of the crash? and attach your hpl.log?
Also, is this a user-contributed translation? or the *official* translation from a Windows boxed set? (So I can test here)

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 01-22-2008

Sorry, I didn't manage to get a core.
Here is the hpl.log, although I doubt it's useful.
Yes, I use the *official* translation from a Windows boxed set.

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 01-29-2008

No news about it? That's annoying...

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - jens - 01-29-2008

Well the hpl.log isn't saying much so no advice to give really. This is not a supported feature by us so it's not really a priority issue, sorry!

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 01-30-2008

Here is the backtrace... Not sure it'll help. I'm bzipping the coredump, and see if it's not too big...
Code:
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `./penumbra.bin'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) thread apply all bt full

Thread 4 (process 8152):
No symbol table info available.
#1  0xb7771b46 in ?? ()

Thread 3 (process 8153):
#1  0xb77ab321 in ?? ()

Thread 2 (process 8154):
#1  0xb7771b46 in ?? ()

Thread 1 (process 8151):
#1  0xb7706f15 in ?? ()

PS: 50Mo bzipped... I won't upload it.

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 02-11-2008

Any hope of playing in French one day?

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Urkle - 02-11-2008

is that the backtrace from the core dump?
it doesn't provide much useful info. make sure you ran
Code:
gdb ./penumbra.bin core.#

Also if you goto the mac support forums there is a "fan made" French tranlation that you can try.

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Thib_G - 02-11-2008

Strange, there is a lot more output now... I've probably not loaded penumbra.bin correctly...
Here is a new backtrace, I hope it'll be helpful.

RE: Game crashes when entering in the mine (French translation) - Sharpshooter - 02-18-2008

Remove all emphasis from the Francais.lang file and it will work. :-)