Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here! (/thread-1549.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - Blade - 02-08-2008

well i didn't want to go and spoil everyone in my search for advice Tongue

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - Penumbra - 02-08-2008

That is what was out the window in the vent with the red light? I just ran past and didn't look.

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - WindexGlow - 02-08-2008

Yup. Ingame it has textures of course.

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - Penumbra - 02-08-2008

But I'm afraid of textures...

Penumbra Wrote:But I'm afraid of textures...

Damnit, you're going to eat it wither you like it or not!

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - Cactus78 - 02-08-2008

Just finished the demo on a Mac, using Crossover. It works, but you need to set the shaders to very low (No lighting) or else tearing will abound (And I mean, really abound). Even with no lighting I still enjoyed it. Smile Can't wait for the mac version! Big Grin

One funny thing that happened was:

Spoiler below!
In the area where you need to cut the electric wires to open the door to the room with the syringe inside, I grabbed the brick and threw it into the door. Noticing that it opened (for a time) a considerable amount, I threw the brick at it again. The brick got stuck between the door and the doorframe. I couldn't get it out so I grabbed a chair, stuck the back between the door and the doorframe, and tried to wedge the door open. (XD) I wiggled it a bit and the brick fell into the other room.

Maybe in the first patch increase the strength of constraints on locked doors or something.. (I have to admit though, trying to wedge the door open was pretty fun XD)

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - Blade - 02-08-2008

the physics engine is really, really nice in this game. I do look forward to it. I kinda hope it can be modded into a nice zombie game, as that's my forte Wink

I still haven't figured otu what to do AFTER that room that Cactus was talking about

Also, after seeing the excellent physics interactions, i was a tiny bit disappointed that i couldn't jam things in front of that one door to block it from being opened from the outside but the stuff was pushed otuo f the way as if it wasnt even there

I thought the levels were alittle too bright (I had gamma set correctly) so I'm creating a mini-mod to combat the forces of light.
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1656&pid=13864#pid13864

You can expect some Demo files ready tomarroe.

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - TAM255 - 02-08-2008

Good demo. I'll buy this game. Fair price also.

I wish the texture could be in HI-RES in the next game.

Ho and btw, a huge demo size impress people these day. A small demo size let them to believe the game is not good. Pensez-sy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.

RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo is finally out! - GFree - 02-08-2008

TAM255 Wrote:Ho and btw, a huge demo size impress people these day. A small demo size let them to believe the game is not good. Pensez-sy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.
That's a myth IMHO.

I've downloaded so many demos close to or more than a gig and yet still stuck (eg. GRAW 2). That and the fact my net connection isn't particularly fast, I much prefer smaller demos. If anyone's shallow enough to judge the quality of a game based on disk usage, they need a swift kick to the balls. Smile

Oh yeah, and I'm buying this game too. Just gonna wait for the Linux demo to compare performance with Vista and buy the one which runs faster. Big Grin