Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Custom Story Cliches? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Custom Story Cliches? (/thread-16335.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - failedALIAS - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 03:15 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: As long as I don't want to trash forum with another one "Custom Story?" thread I'll better ask here...

I'm completely new to custom stories - so I'd like to ask which one among them is truly recommended for a try? I've checked MODDB Amnesia mods section - and there're toooooooooooo many of them custom stories, it's nearly impossible to choose anything without a good advice.
Well, here are some mentionable custom stories:
La Caza
To Give Is to Force
Followed by Death
The Attic
Abduction
Cannibalism
(That's all I think of at the moment for Custom Stories, though here are two really interesting Full Conversions)
White Night
Killings in Alstad

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - Alex Ros - 08-13-2012

Thanks! I'll check all those titles - at least this is a good starting point I've been searching for.

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - CorinthianMerchant - 08-13-2012

Making shit is a huge cliche.

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - failedALIAS - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 04:45 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Making shit is a huge cliche.
Let's see, what's original? Oh yeah! Making a custom story scary is! Only about 5 others in all time did that!

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - xPICKLEMONSTER - 08-15-2012

Cranky just spoke entirely what he thought, and had a "don't give a damn" attitude to people's feelings.
That's what made him legendary. And the fact that he was the 1st to post on EVERY thread.

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - Adny - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 12:44 AM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: Cranky just spoke entirely what he thought, and had a "don't give a damn" attitude to people's feelings.
That's what made him legendary. And the fact that he was the 1st to post on EVERY thread.
He claimed to be coding the whole time, but in the end had nothing to show for it. Personally, I think he's an alien* sent to the forums to study the behavior of the generally teenage population, occasionally exhibiting provocative behavior in order to better understand us based on our reactions. But, eventually Jens discovered his plot, turned him into the government and seized control of the account, posing as COM, saying he was leaving community so it wouldn't arouse unnecessary suspicion.

Good job Jens, keep up the good work.

* = Not the mustached kind

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - Kman - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 12:55 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: * = Not the mustached kind
I fucking died.

RE: Custom Story Cliches? - lolmaster - 08-15-2012

(08-15-2012, 01:07 AM)Kman Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 12:55 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: * = Not the mustached kind
I fucking died.
Don't worry, you will be given proper burial.