Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam (/thread-16988.html)

What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - wolfmaster1231 - 07-15-2012

Well personally i think that they need more of theys games and maybe more Free2Play weekends and shit. Tongue then you can try a game out and see if You want it and maybe buy it why dosent steam think of that? And the free to play games is good so you dont have to buy every game but some of the F2P games are not that fun or what do you think People? Tongue

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - Traggey - 07-15-2012

(07-15-2012, 02:04 PM)wolfmaster1231 Wrote: why dosent steam think of that?
''Steam'' Doesn't think of that because It's not up to steam, the games developers decide wether they go on a free to play weekend or not.

As for free to play game buisness models they're starting to appear more rapidly all over the place after seeing how successfull games alike League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 have been with their cosmetic item sales.

If you keep your eyes open they are appearing everywhere these days.

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - wolfmaster1231 - 07-15-2012

(07-15-2012, 02:09 PM)Traggey Wrote:
''Steam'' Doesn't think of that because It's not up to steam, the games developers decide wether they go on a free to play weekend or not.

As for free to play game buisness models they're starting to appear more rapidly all over the place after seeing how successfull games alike League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 have been with their cosmetic item sales.

Yeah thanks Tongue i dident think of that Tongue

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - Zaffre - 07-23-2012

(07-15-2012, 02:09 PM)Traggey Wrote: item sales
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Modern DLC: Upgrade your lantern to a flashlight for only $15.00! per month

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - Traggey - 07-23-2012

(07-23-2012, 01:04 AM)Zaffre Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 02:09 PM)Traggey Wrote: item sales
Amnesia: The Dark Descent Modern DLC: Upgrade your lantern to a flashlight for only $15.00! per month
Or you could just play every full conversion ever.

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - Kman - 07-23-2012

(07-15-2012, 02:09 PM)Traggey Wrote:

Honestly how the hell no one picked up on that earlier boggles my mind, if anyone had even glanced at the iPhone app store in the last 2 years or so they would have picked up on it (don't ask me how I know that).

RE: What do you think of all the Free2Play games on steam - JMFStorm - 07-23-2012

When the real money item shop and player trade came to tf2, we've been able to trade money-worth games to ourselves with free in-game items Big Grin
It's silly HOW FRIKIN MUCH people spend money on tf2s items, that you can actually get free with just playing the game. But we don't mind.