Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Any HQ retexture mods? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Any HQ retexture mods? (/thread-17731.html)

Pages: 1 2

Any HQ retexture mods? - Alex Ros - 08-13-2012

Well hi everybody! That's my first post here. And I have to ask - is there any HQ retexture mods for Amnesia? I've searched here and simply on Google and didn't find anything worth to play with. Maybe I've missed something? Thanks in advance!

RE: Any HQ retexture mods? - Robby - 08-13-2012

Welcome to the forums! Hope you will enjoy your stay.

I don't know if there are any HQ retexture mods. Maybe there is, but I don't know. It is unlikely, though. My suggestion: keep looking. Maybe you'll find one.

RE: Any HQ retexture mods? - Alex Ros - 08-13-2012

Quote:I don't know if there are any HQ retexture mods. Maybe there is, but I don't know. It is unlikely, though...
Well that's a shame... hmm. Maybe the only reason why there're no retexture mod is because it's simply impossible to make them? Does Amnesia allows to mod textures?

RE: Any HQ retexture mods? - Traggey - 08-13-2012

There are none as of yet, however I have been thinking of doing just that as texturing practise, so stick around and keep your eyes open.

Oook. I've wanted to replay Amnesia but seems like I'll have to wait with that...

RE: Any HQ retexture mods? - Robby - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 02:45 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
Quote:I don't know if there are any HQ retexture mods. Maybe there is, but I don't know. It is unlikely, though...
Well that's a shame... hmm. Maybe the only reason why there're no retexture mod is because it's simply impossible to make them? Does Amnesia allows to mod textures?
It ain't impossible. People are mostly focused on something else. It might become a reality soon.

(08-13-2012, 02:56 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Oook. I've wanted to replay Amnesia but seems like I'll have to wait with that...
Why wait? The game doesn't look bad.

(08-13-2012, 04:34 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 02:56 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: Oook. I've wanted to replay Amnesia but seems like I'll have to wait with that...
Oh, it doesn't looks bad at all! It looks just great! But as long as I'm talking about REplaying, not playing the first time - new visual experience is something that I'm simply seeking for. I've already replayed Amnesia once with a commentary mode on - that's always a VERY good reason to replay lovely game. And now I think that new textures and preferably alternated custom style - is also a good reason for replaying.

(08-13-2012, 04:43 PM)Alex Ros Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 04:34 PM)Traggey Wrote:
Oh, it doesn't looks bad at all! It looks just great! But as long as I'm talking about REplaying, not playing the first time - new visual experience is something that I'm simply seeking for.
Ah! Right right, well it's an intersting idea that I absolutely would like to try out.

RE: Any HQ retexture mods? - Adny - 08-13-2012

brb remaking amnesia on cry engine 3