Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 (/thread-18059.html)

Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - AngelDouche66 - 08-31-2012

Hey guys, Just advertising a friends custom map (I played it months ago and discovered he never actually submitted it on the forums so here I am!)
In all honesty this was a fantastic custom story which had me frightened like a child throughout a lot of it.

[Image: ss1.png]

The custom story is based around investigating an old mansion after awakening from a night of drinking, you receive a letter from your friend explaining how they found it due to your grandfathers map, The mansion is also apparently haunted, fueled by your strong interest in the paranormal you decide to meet up with your friends who are currently investigating the mansion... But where are they?

[Image: SS2.png]

You can collect secrets, in the form of Roman Numerals hidden around the map, you may want to rerun the CS to get these and input your code on the website which will reveal a secret!

The custom map has great scripting and the environment has been edited to (almost near) perfection, which I applaud him for, with also some custom sounds/ambiance for good measure.

The custom story can be downloaded from
http://rp42systems.net/downloads.html <<< Select Facing the Darkness Chapter 1 (The Demo is obviously from the demo stages).

So if you fancy having the experience of having a simple note rattling your bones in fear and having to look over your shoulder as you creep through the shadows, play this map!

Cheers guys! This is his first Custom Story, but please leave your feedback and I will forward them to him!

Moderator edit.
Link removed. No youtube advertisement on the forums.

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - Zaffre - 08-31-2012

[Image: JSIfy.jpg]

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - AngelDouche66 - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 01:46 AM)Zaffre Wrote: [Image: JSIfy.jpg]
About to do a quick run to get some good ol' screenshots

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - Zaffre - 08-31-2012

Looks like a jumpscare story to me. Then again I just saw one scare in a video. Maybe I'll try it; see what it is.

EDIT: In the video I noticed that a work desk was merged with a table which caused massive texture errors. Maybe it isn't very "edited to perfection" after all.

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - Kreekakon - 08-31-2012

Hmm...it sounds nice so I might give this a shot later, and tell you my opinion Smile

(08-31-2012, 01:53 AM)Zaffre Wrote: Looks like a jumpscare story to me. Then again I just saw one scare in a video. Maybe I'll try it; see what it is.

EDIT: In the video I noticed that a work desk was merged with a table which caused massive texture errors. Maybe it isn't very "edited to perfection" after all.
Cheers, it's one of those things you overlook when your running through it, I'll make sure to forward it! o/

(08-31-2012, 01:53 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Hmm...it sounds nice so I might give this a shot later, and tell you my opinion Smile
Hope you get round to it! If you do manage to find the time to have a go please do let me know your opinion! negative or positive Big Grin

Would really appreciate feed back guys.

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - DnALANGE - 09-04-2012

hERE IS MY FEEDBACK:
Looks great to me,
1.Just make some particles and decals...
Those together will make a much better experiance..
2. At the start there is a VERY B I G letter...
in my opinion... people are not gonna read the whole letter,, make it shorter or cut it into a couple letters.
3. In the map with the mixing machine.. the is a room with NO ceiling.. always double\triple-check ur cs before uploading.
4. ps... DON'T PUT KEY'S WHERE NORMALLY AREN'T KEY, example.. on the of a shelf behind some books or stuff like that.. { youre doing that }
5. Overall... 7-10 scripting looks very good to me.
DnALANGE.

RE: Facing The Darkness Chapter 1 - AngelDouche66 - 09-05-2012

(09-04-2012, 02:18 PM)dnalange Wrote: hERE IS MY FEEDBACK:
Looks great to me,
1.Just make some particles and decals...
Those together will make a much better experiance..
2. At the start there is a VERY B I G letter...
in my opinion... people are not gonna read the whole letter,, make it shorter or cut it into a couple letters.
3. In the map with the mixing machine.. the is a room with NO ceiling.. always double\triple-check ur cs before uploading.
4. ps... DON'T PUT KEY'S WHERE NORMALLY AREN'T KEY, example.. on the of a shelf behind some books or stuff like that.. { youre doing that }
5. Overall... 7-10 scripting looks very good to me.
DnALANGE.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I will make sure to pass it over Big Grin Really appreciate it!