Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm (/thread-18189.html)

Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - windbrand - 09-07-2012

How in the world do I kill the spiders in the tunnel after the first worm? There are like 6 spider eggs and seemingly endless spiders. Killing 1 is already extremely difficult since they're super fast, has tons of health, and while your character is super slow, swings the weapon in slow motion, and dies from 3 hits. Trying to destroy the eggs will simply attract like 3-4 spiders. I tried sneaking past them but there are always 2-3 spiders patrolling the tunnel that I can't get past?

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - failedALIAS - 09-07-2012

(09-07-2012, 01:59 AM)windbrand Wrote: How in the world do I kill the spiders in the tunnel after the first worm? There are like 6 spider eggs and seemingly endless spiders. Killing 1 is already extremely difficult since they're super fast, has tons of health, and while your character is super slow, swings the weapon in slow motion, and dies from 3 hits. Trying to destroy the eggs will simply attract like 3-4 spiders. I tried sneaking past them but there are always 2-3 spiders patrolling the tunnel that I can't get past?
Run.

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - Damascus Rose - 09-07-2012

There is a way to get them to leave you alone

Spoiler below!

flashlight their faces

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - Robby - 09-07-2012

(09-07-2012, 03:50 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: There is a way to get them to leave you alone

Spoiler below!

flashlight their faces

Spoiler below!

You need to keep them at a certain distance. Otherwise they'll keep attacking.

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - windbrand - 09-08-2012

I managed to kill them by setting combat mode to click instead of click + drag. Flashlight wasn't that useful as they only run away sometimes, not all the time.

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - Robby - 09-08-2012

(09-08-2012, 04:53 AM)windbrand Wrote: I managed to kill them by setting combat mode to click instead of click + drag. Flashlight wasn't that useful as they only run away sometimes, not all the time.
I said that you need to keep them at a certain distance. Otherwise they'll leap at your face.

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - bloogleford - 09-11-2012

Took me a while, but I got them to follow me and fall into the pit the first worms goes into.

RE: Spiders in the tunnel after the first worm - Robby - 09-12-2012

(09-11-2012, 08:10 PM)bloogleford Wrote: Took me a while, but I got them to follow me and fall into the pit the first worms goes into.
Nice trick. I never could get them there, since they hump my face the moment they reach the pit. And then...