Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Can anyone help me find the Script Error with Amnesia Monster PatchNodes and stuff?? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+---- Forum: Development Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html)
+---- Thread: Can anyone help me find the Script Error with Amnesia Monster PatchNodes and stuff?? (/thread-18304.html)

Can anyone help me find the Script Error with Amnesia Monster PatchNodes and stuff?? - danimora2012 - 09-13-2012

Thank you for reading this post...
My problem is that i can not make the monster go through the door...il leave my custom story attached so you can download it... here is my 01_example.hps Script -----

void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallBack("key_torture_chamber_1", "ActivateMonster", true);
}

void OnEnter()
{

}

void OnLeave()
{

}

void ActivateMonster(string &in item)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_1", 0, "Idle");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_2", 0, "Idle");
}

If you know the quick fix for this please reply...You will take place in the credits section if you allow it... Please download it and see it for your self...While you do that please tell me if the custom story is good or not...i only have 2 small maps at the moment...use level editor to see where the monster is supposed to come in...the key is at the "stove_front" the monster is in the second map...
I hope you can help me...Il reply to you the fastest i can...
Smile Please...help me Tongue

Reply - Robby - 09-13-2012

I'm gonna test this soon, don't worry....

Will edit this post, so refresh the page often!

EDIT: Fixing the script up, there's quite some issues here (typed incorrectly)

Will also take a look at the map and see the pathnodes, there's an issue there.

RE: Reply - danimora2012 - 09-13-2012

(09-13-2012, 09:13 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I'm gonna test this soon, don't worry....

EDIT: Second level doesn't start. You used a script function the game doesn't recognise (or you typed incorrectly) (3,5).
I fixed it...it's working...You may download again...Test it again please...i also got it working!!

RE: Reply - Robby - 09-13-2012

(09-13-2012, 09:35 AM)danimora2012 Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 09:13 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I'm gonna test this soon, don't worry....

EDIT: Second level doesn't start. You used a script function the game doesn't recognise (or you typed incorrectly) (3,5).
I fixed it...it's working...You may download again...Test it again please...i also got it working!!
Just fixed it myself, now testing the map. Pathnode issue.
Also edited my other post.

EDIT: Edited the map, you had only one pathnode, I added 4 more, and now it should work. Testing here...

EDIT2: My fix works. Adding attachment right now!

EDIT3:
Done!

[attachment=3354]

RE: Reply - danimora2012 - 09-13-2012

(09-13-2012, 09:38 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 09:35 AM)danimora2012 Wrote:

Just fixed it myself, now testing the map. Pathnode issue.
Also edited my other post.

EDIT: Edited the map, you had only one pathnode, I added 4 more, and now it should work. Testing here...

EDIT2: My fix works. Adding attachment right now!

EDIT3:
Done!
Thank you very much...im so gratefull...I hope i can help you someday too...see ya soon... Angel