Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Halo 4 permaban for sexism - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Halo 4 permaban for sexism (/thread-19110.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - Kreekakon - 11-06-2012

(11-06-2012, 08:09 PM)nackidno Wrote: I respect your opinion but it seems we are just going back and forth with this specific topic. Tongue
Haha indeed! Smile I don't really think there's much point to continue now. This is pretty much what I've compiled from our little talk:

Your view: Assume anyone you don't know might not be prone to insults even if they are jokes, so don't do it at all.
My view: People should learn to take jokes, and it's partially their fault if they get offended by obvious ones.

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - CorinthianMerchant - 11-06-2012

(11-06-2012, 08:10 PM)Deep One Wrote: [utterly retarded image]
/thread
-Hi guys, I hope we'll have fun!
-bitch ass slut tits or gtfo
-i wil find u and raep u
-get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

TL;DR?
You're a fucking moron.

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - eliasfrost - 11-06-2012

Quote:
Quote:I respect your opinion but it seems we are just going back and forth with this specific topic. Tongue
Haha indeed! Smile I don't really think there's much point to continue now. This is pretty much what I've compiled from our little talk:

Your view: Assume anyone you don't know might not be prone to insults even if they are jokes, so don't do it at all.
My view: People should learn to take jokes, and it's partially their fault if they get offended by obvious ones.
Pretty much, it's cool to be able to have a civil conversation about these kind of stuff. A specific *cough* TGC *cough* forum comes to mind. Smile
(11-06-2012, 08:15 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: -Hi guys, I hope we'll have fun!
-i wil find u and raep u

TL;DR?
You're a fucking moron.
The sad thing, that is not too uncommon.

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - Statyk - 11-06-2012

If this gets out of hand, I'm just going to close it. Easy guys, c'mon. A meme is not that big of a deal.

Deep One made a blatantly sexist post, I suggest temporary ban.

(11-06-2012, 08:17 PM)Statyk Wrote: Ignore it
So according to you, we should ignore all the cases of everyday sexism and make internet a place only for oppressive machomen?

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - Statyk - 11-06-2012

It is a meme and no, I will not ban him for that. You basically did the same thing he did by going:

-Hi guys, I hope we'll have fun!

-i wil find u and raep u

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - eliasfrost - 11-06-2012

Hey hey, let's not turn this into a flame war (funny I say that), send a bird over to a mod if you want to report someone, please. There's a report button just below the post.

RE: Halo 4 permaban for sexism - Deep One - 11-06-2012

Here we go...
Don't take it so seriously. My point is same as Kreekakon's. I don't own PS3 or XBOX but my friend has showed me some messages he got from angry people in PSN, and they were absolutely hilarious. How can anybody get offended of these?

I simply stated what hundreds if not thousands of women go through everyday.

(11-06-2012, 08:21 PM)Deep One Wrote: How can anybody get offended of these?
Yes and how can a black person be offended by getting called a nigger!!? xD xD xD