Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Mansion 1408 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: The Mansion 1408 (/thread-19412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Mansion 1408 - Tiero - 12-02-2012

Hello everyone! Completed the work on the custom story "The Mansion 1408". Very glad to present to you the fruits of my labors. I hope you enjoy.

Jake Enslin is an occult writer on a mission to investigate everything spooky. He has visited many haunted places during his career, gathering writing material for his books. Enslin’s next target is mansion #1408 – a rental mansion where it is rumored that over 50 people had met their ends. What will he meet during his stay?

JUSTINE REQUIRED!!!

[Image: 49057.png]

Fixed many-many bugs.

Scare Reactions [SPOILERS]:

--- Let's Plays by Night: ---
Spoiler below!

I HATE MY MANAGER! Amnesia Custom Story - The Mansion 1408 Part #1 - Night Let's Play

F#^K MY SON IN OUTTA HERE! Amnesia Custom Story - The Mansion 1408 Part #2 - Night Let's Play

Screenshots:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 17bafe5ff36f.jpg]
[Image: d160f42b5a5d.jpg]
[Image: 1548bdd5c73b.jpg]

RE: The Mansion 1408 - UnseenLegend ( NL ) - 12-02-2012

[Image: YvEN9.png]
I loved the movie ''room 1408''
but i'm kinda disappointed at the part, when the game is russian.

But then English came, and changed my mind.

RE: The Mansion 1408 - Tiero - 12-02-2012

(12-02-2012, 02:28 PM)UnseenLegend ( NL ) Wrote: [Image: YvEN9.png]
I loved the movie ''room 1408''
but i'm kinda disappointed at the part, when the game is russian.
I'm from Russian. And I'm very bad with the English language. The study of the script in English was given to me with great difficulty. But, I guarantee that within a month I will find the man who will help me to translate the history on the English language. Smile

RE: The Mansion 1408 - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12-02-2012

Oh my! After all those...suboptimal CSs I've played lately, this was a thoroughly pleasant surprise for both my eyes and ears. Aestethically pleasing rooms, detail, music, slowly building atmosphere!

But why oh why do you shoot yourself in the foot by withholding the story from all those unfortunate souls like me, who are not capable of speaking the glorious russian language?
Being left in the dark in that aspect, I chose to assume that I am playing as an unfortunate thief who cunningly launched himself through the window of a wealthy baron's mansion with a catapult, but got caught by the butler and locked in the broom closet.

I also got stuck very early because I'm horrendously stupid and/or blind and couldn't find a key I apparently needed to proceed. I found a note, but since it was written in the same beautiful gibberish as the rest it was of little help Tongue

Seriously man, just make a quick google translate and give it to someone on the forums here for polishing it into coherent english sentences, if you aren't confident enough in your own english skills, but DO SOMETHING xD

RE: The Mansion 1408 - Tiero - 12-02-2012

(12-02-2012, 03:19 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Oh my! After all those...suboptimal CSs I've played lately, this was a thoroughly pleasant surprise for both my eyes and ears. Aestethically pleasing rooms, detail, music, slowly building atmosphere!

But why oh why do you shoot yourself in the foot by withholding the story from all those unfortunate souls like me, who are not capable of speaking the glorious russian language?
Being left in the dark in that aspect, I chose to assume that I am playing as an unfortunate thief who cunningly launched himself through the window of a wealthy baron's mansion with a catapult, but got caught by the butler and locked in the broom closet.

I also got stuck very early because I'm horrendously stupid and/or blind and couldn't find a key I apparently needed to proceed. I found a note, but since it was written in the same beautiful gibberish as the rest it was of little help Tongue

Seriously man, just make a quick google translate and give it to someone on the forums here for polishing it into coherent english sentences, if you aren't confident enough in your own english skills, but DO SOMETHING xD
Adequate translation of the game to English language will be in about a month!
But may be earlier!
Smile

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 12-02-2012

Yay! I'm looking forward to it! Big Grin
Btw, if you plan on doing some voice acting for it, I'd have no problem with that being russian (as long as there are subtitles). I like the sound of the language. ^^

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 - hidden000 - 12-02-2012

Question for the author

[ru]

Привет. Пара вопросов.
Судя по трейлеру игра выглядит шикарно, просто потрясающие "биллборды", суперская гамма, и синий цвет очень стильно сделан.
Но это судя по трейлеру. В трейлере какие обработки использовались или это чистая игра? А то непонятно, это реально свет так круто расставлен или лишь трейлер. Потомучто действительно невероятно красиво. Из всех работ такого еще не встречал. Опять-же, это судя по трейлеру. Геймплея здесь нет, а с Амнезией долго возится, поэтому по другому судить не могу.
Не выложишь пару видосов?

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 - Tiero - 12-02-2012

(12-02-2012, 05:26 PM)hidden000 Wrote: Question for the author

[ru]

Привет. Пара вопросов.
Судя по трейлеру игра выглядит шикарно, просто потрясающие "биллборды", суперская гамма, и синий цвет очень стильно сделан.
Но это судя по трейлеру. В трейлере какие обработки использовались или это чистая игра? А то непонятно, это реально свет так круто расставлен или лишь трейлер. Потомучто действительно невероятно красиво. Из всех работ такого еще не встречал. Опять-же, это судя по трейлеру. Геймплея здесь нет, а с Амнезией долго возится, поэтому по другому судить не могу.
Не выложишь пару видосов?
Привет, из обработок только яркость и контраст, над всем остальным я действительно очень долго потел и пытался довести внешний вид игры до фильменного лоска. Smile А то что ты такого раньше не видел - это очень лестный отзыв для меня. Smile

P.S. не мог бы ты помочь с локализацией игры для наших английских братьев? Если конечно обладаешь такими навыками и капелькой желания )

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 - hidden000 - 12-02-2012

[ru]

Помочь с модом, хоть с локализацией, хоть с чем то еще не могу, потомучто сам работаю над невероятно большим амнезийным проэктом и на это уходят все силы. То, что тут на fg еще один русский мододел - радует. ) Хотя я и не помню кто первый...

Кароче, запустил, это ппц =) Как в хорошем смысле, так и в плохом.
Дизайн со светом как в трейлере, это крутяк. Действительно уникально и оригинально.
Сюжет именно для такой щепотки геймплея неплох (я так понимаю мод слишком маленький?), как и само заигрывание с персонажем.
Дошел до места, где взял молоток и кроме него ничего не вижу. Книгу им не выбить, это глюк такой? Потомучто все обыскал. Если что-то не нашел - то никак не могу себя винить, ибо реально прошелся 5 раз вокруг, поэтому тебе следует сделать её без всяких ключей открывалок, которые лежат не совсем на видных местах. Не то, чтобы это совсем провальная идея, потомучто в начале это было к месту, а сейчас я без понятия куда идти. Сам подумай в данной ситуации это может только оттолкнуть играющих.

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 - Tiero - 12-02-2012

The process of translation of the game to English was started! Thanks for this MyRedNeptune! Smile