Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The Mansion 1408 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: The Mansion 1408 (/thread-19412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - The chaser - 12-11-2012

Heh, I agree with Kreekakon.

Spoiler below!
I went there, with chairs and s**t, throwing them to the monster, making a spartan charge and: "You didn't escape the house." F**k.

Anyways, try to detail the map a bit less. It was amazing, but it lagged my computer.
Spoiler below!
When you have to pull the books, it should be a frenetic thing, not a "I will do it tomorrow" speed thing.

But, 9/10. Excellent story!

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - MyRedNeptune - 12-12-2012

Yes! ModDB page for Mansion 1408 is up! The ModDB download is an updated version with a couple of bug fixes and other improvements.

On my part: worked on the translation a bit, since the first version was a bit rushed. Fixed a typo, some contextual errors and awkward wordings. It should read better now. We also did a little bit of optimization work yesterday, the framerate in the first level won't be as bad now.

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - Crafted - 12-19-2012

Spoiler below!
The monster F**king disappeared for me! Angry

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - MyRedNeptune - 12-19-2012

Spoiler below!
Where did it disappear? What monster do you mean?

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - Red - 12-20-2012

Haven't played this story yet, but your levelstyle looks amazing ! Big Grin

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - Tiero - 12-20-2012

(12-20-2012, 04:45 PM)Pyƶveli Wrote: Haven't played this story yet, but your levelstyle looks amazing ! Big Grin

Thank Smile

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - Crafted - 12-22-2012

(12-19-2012, 10:44 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
In the end, near the end, when I was saving the son but it was brute, that brute disappeared!

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - Tiero - 12-22-2012

(12-22-2012, 10:52 AM)TheCraftedEpisodes Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 10:44 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
In the end, near the end, when I was saving the son but it was brute, that brute disappeared!

Spoiler below!
Unfortunately this is a bug. You need to beat this level. If you do not have a save, you can go through all again. It will take you 6 minutes. Tested. Smile

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - MyRedNeptune - 12-23-2012

This thread has a disturbing lack of thousands of posts. I thought people here were starved for quality material. Yeah, right.

Tongue

RE: [Released] The Mansion 1408 [English Version Available!!!] - The chaser - 12-26-2012

(12-23-2012, 11:43 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: This thread has a disturbing lack of thousands of posts. I thought people here were starved for quality material. Yeah, right.

Tongue

And we love quality material. I'm quite sure that the thousand posts aren't necessary: The stars in the thread are what matters. I really enjoyed it, and I think that a lot of people did so too.
What matters is what people thinks, not the posts in a thread Wink

For example: White Night had so much posts because it was a really innovative story, with a lot of assets. It was something new, and that's why people posted: they were motivated to give feedback.
I really liked this CS (is one of the few decent stories I've played)
Maybe... maybe, before releasing completely a story, you could open a new one in the development section so people sees that there's that story in development. When finished, say: Dudes, the story is finished: Making a thread in the Showcase section.