Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: News - Announcements (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! (/thread-1956.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Thomas - 04-01-2008

*april fools*

Frictional Games announces Penumbra Sequel

Penumbra 3 : Back With a Vengeance to be released worldwide Q1 2009

Helsingborg, Sweden - Frictional Games proudly announces the release of the third game in the Penumbra Series, named "Back with a vengeance". This highly anticipated chapter in the Penumbra story will have the protagonist making a final stand against the alien threat faced in Black Plague. "We really thought that the last game ended in a rather lame fashion and wanted the series to go out with a bang!", says co-owner Thomas Grip. "And what better way to create a bang than with an action-filled blood soaked ending! Everyone loves explosions and we feel that we need to cash in on that too!".

The game starts out as Philip awakens in a dark basement. Dazzled and confused he starts doing the only thing he can - pumping those muscles! By using his engineering skills he starts building one badazz gym and make sure no aliens will mess with him anymore. Full off steroids and 110% raw muscle strength, Philip sets out to destroy the alien threat with machineguns, bazookas and hand-to-hand techniques!

Main features include

- Physically simulated gym. At any point during the game, Philip can start pumping the iron!!
- Bucket loads of blood and gore!
- Timed button events to further enhance the action!!!
- A great arsenal with all kinds of guns, rifles and weapons of mass destruction!
- No bloody puzzles!!!
- Adults Only Rating!

You know you want it!!!!
[Image: Penumbra - Back With a Vengence!.jpg]
"Take that you modda fogga!!!!!!" - Philip

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Stallown - 04-01-2008

Cool! There was a note on this in the latest issue of Edge too, I'm so looking forward to this!

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - NemaN - 04-01-2008

yeah really funny u really had me there for like two second.
Btw i thougt that Philip had blonde hair and when did he start smoking Smile

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Ziggy Zagg - 04-01-2008

Made me laugh.
I probably would've fallen for it for a while if I wasn't going april-fools-thread-hunting. Tongue

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - WindexGlow - 04-01-2008

Nice, are there any promo pics yet?

EDIT: Love the look of HPL2 btw!

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Penumbra - 04-01-2008

Jeeze! Don't even joke about something this amazing! Sad

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - jo291 - 04-02-2008

that would be incorrect you see phillip wants the person he trusted to kill the tuurngait! not him so i knew this was a bluff. but if your going to make a penumbra realeted game its ether going to be his freind who he sent the letter to. or a prouloge with his father.

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - Yuhaney - 04-02-2008

jo291 Wrote:if your going to make a penumbra realeted game its ether going to be his freind who he sent the letter to. or a prouloge with his father.

If we have to choose from these two, then game about his father would be better.

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - TheLight - 04-02-2008

Lol nice Smile.

One question, and one question only: Would you ever consider making a FPS game?

RE: 2008-04 Tuesday 1st, Penumbra 3 - BWaV Announced! - eliasfrost - 04-02-2008

That would just ruin FrictionalGames so hard! If they are going to do an FPS, i will start calling them FrictionalGays J/K.

But honestly, if Frictional makes a FPS, i will start ignore them, seriously.