Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia claims it needs a disk - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia claims it needs a disk (/thread-19746.html)

Pages: 1 2

Amnesia claims it needs a disk - GarryGuerten - 12-31-2012

I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
[Image: tumblr_mfvqbkvSr31rorjpmo1_500.jpg]
It works perfectly fine on my friend's computer (which I used the same installer on).
How can I fix this?

I no longer get the disk message. Now it just crashes immediately after launching with no messages.
I believe it may be a problem with my computer.

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - officialbee - 12-31-2012

(12-31-2012, 07:06 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
It works perfectly fine on my friend's computer (which I used the same installer on).
How can I fix this?

I no longer get the disk message. Now it just crashes immediately after launching with no messages.

Where do u get it from?

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - GarryGuerten - 12-31-2012

(12-31-2012, 08:11 AM)officialbee Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 07:06 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
How can I fix this?

Where do u get it from?

I got it from Humble Bundle V, except I had to download the torrent because I was 5 cents short of getting the Steam key.

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - plutomaniac - 12-31-2012

the Humble Bundle one is DRM-free

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - Statyk - 12-31-2012

As well, you are running on a torrent of the Humble Bundle?..

Humble Bundle does offer torrent download as well as direct

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - Statyk - 12-31-2012

Strange. But why would it cause to ask for a disk if it's the same thing? Did you pick the wrong torrent?

you cannot pick the wrong torrent, it is just one there for each game. So, this is an operating system issue of some sort

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - TheBlastPassage - 12-31-2012

As for your crash, please check the sticky guides found here and attach HPL.log file found in: Documents/Amnesia/main

RE: Amnesia claims it needs a disk - Googolplex - 01-03-2013

(12-31-2012, 11:41 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: I got it from Humble Bundle V, except I had to download the torrent because I was 5 cents short of getting the Steam key.

I understand to download a torrent when the game would be steam exclusive. But Amnesia is DRM-free and not connected to Steam, so you should buy the game via official store.

Otherwise you will not get any support here!