Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. (/thread-20255.html)

Pages: 1 2

Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - davion100 - 02-09-2013

Hello, I have a gaming channel and I recorded a few videos of Amnesia, but the problem is that when I start to record everything is fine, game is running with 57-60 fps all the time (when recording), but when something scripted happens (for example a door opening, lights dying or something else moving) there is 1 sec lag spike when they happen. I don't have these issues when I am not recording. Can you please tell me what's the problem and how to fix it ? Thanks Smile

Specs:
Intel Core i5 M480 ~2.70 ~2.70 Ghz
RAM: 4 GB
Ati Radeon HD 5650M
HDD: 600 GB
Windows 7 64bits

RE: Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - Kreekakon - 02-09-2013

When a game attempts to run a scripted event, there is a split second where it will consume more computer resource than usual. If it's causing lag for you, try turning down the game settings.

RE: Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - davion100 - 02-09-2013

(02-09-2013, 03:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: When a game attempts to run a scripted event, there is a split second where it will consume more computer resource than usual. If it's causing lag for you, try turning down the game settings.

I tried (SSAO, Game reflection and shadows), didn't help much...

RE: Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - plutomaniac - 02-09-2013

there may be errors and thus the lag. If the game is from steam do a file integrity check (full conversions that replaced game files will not work afterwards and need to be reinstalled).

(02-09-2013, 03:38 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: there may be errors and thus the lag. If the game is from steam do a file integrity check (full conversions that replaced game files will not work afterwards and need to be reinstalled).

I bought it retail Sad
P.S. Can't wait for the second Amnesia so I can pee myself twice more Big Grin Hope you guys will make it great ! The first one is the scariest game ever created and you should be proud of that Smile

RE: Lag spikes when an event happens while recording. - plutomaniac - 02-09-2013

Actually the developers are the Admins (red) like Thomas, Jens, Luis etc.... The moderators (purple) are here to help and organize this community that is getting bigger every day. Since the game is in retail form you should try a reinstallation. But we can check if indeed there are errors if you provide us with the file hpl.log (after the lag occurs) as said in the troubleshooting guide, problem X.

Here you go.

that's not the correct hpl.log. Check Problem X for the correct location at documents

(02-09-2013, 06:40 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: that's not the correct hpl.log. Check Problem X for the correct location at documents

Oops, sorry Smile

Yes there are errors. Make sure your graphics card drivers are fully updated and that you reinstall the game.