Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[REQUEST] Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [REQUEST] Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID (/thread-21186.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Daemian - 04-16-2013

Hi,
Who wants to make a monster or two for my next mod ?

some tests on wall walking and other jumps
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/KKHuzLsTNcs[/video]

It doesn't need to have animations, it can be just a simple shadow, i don't care.
I'm tired of using grunts and brutes, and they don't fit this mod quite well.

With no animations to play, i'm still able to give life to the monster using maybe moving entities, some effects, teleportation and other stuff.

What you guys think about this simulated physics?

oh and i can use some girl voice for the main character.
If there's anyone around willing to do the voice, let me know please.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - 7heDubz - 04-16-2013

Looks REALLY good! But I'm sadly neither a girl nor a modeler.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - OriginalUsername - 04-16-2013

I don't think anyone would make a custom monster for you. It's a huge amount of work for just a CS. I'll let someone who knows how to make a custom monster tell you what you need to do to create one.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - PutraenusAlivius - 04-16-2013

For the voice actress, PM Miss Rigi. She rarely online's so just wait.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Rapture - 04-16-2013

Very interesting platforming, do you need help with Level Design - Designing? I'll just go back and make it look really nice.

I'm not the best modeler out their(Definitely no monsters or animating) but I can do some basic props for ya.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Artyom - 04-16-2013

Holy crap! This is awesome! Hope you get hold of that voice actress and the monsters. Really looking forward to playing this.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Streetboat - 04-16-2013

That, um, that looks really goddamn fun. You could make some really amazing puzzles with that. How do you control when she does a wall run, or when to jump off the wall?

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - Daemian - 04-17-2013

(04-16-2013, 04:35 PM)Rapture Wrote: Very interesting platforming, do you need help with Level Design - Designing? I'll just go back and make it look really nice.

I'm not the best modeler out their(Definitely no monsters or animating) but I can do some basic props for ya.

I am really glad this called your attention
I'm definitely using your help, sir.

I'm sending you the game plan, is like a Walkthrough of the entire game.
I'd like you to know the entire game plan so you can tell where you can apply your skills&ideas. (just give me a minute).

Huge credits for you.
And anyone else that contributes to create this mod, consider yourself part of it.

(04-16-2013, 10:45 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I am wondering how you did that to be honest, since I am currently trying out ways to do something similar for mine and hardarms upcoming project. Congratulations on making that.
oh thank you sir.
I know is hard to surprise other developers.

Sometimes we underestimate the engine, don't we? But it's very good for other things.
I just used what i had, did some tests and it worked like it was already there.

On walls, i'm using an area that controls the wall walking, which actually it's simulated using PlayerForce Y.
The code is very short and effective, most of it it's to prevent the player from trying to abuse/bug it.

I'm doing a wiki entry about this later, you can then use it and probably improve it.

(04-16-2013, 11:05 PM)Streetboat Wrote: That, um, that looks really goddamn fun. You could make some really amazing puzzles with that. How do you control when she does a wall run, or when to jump off the wall?
Exactly, crazy puzzles.
Actually the code is not controlling where she goes, the player is.

So you can trigger the wall walking and go away (trying to bug the code), but it still looks like she's causing that move.

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - OriginalUsername - 04-17-2013

I just started creating models, but if you need any help... Wink

RE: Need enemy models & girl voice actor +WIP VID - immaturegames - 04-17-2013

It's very hard to make a monster, but if you want to, try to google it, and if you want a monster that just stands there it should be a slender man in the resources sub forum Smile