Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? (/thread-2122.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Petike - 06-08-2008

A little poll, on which you can vote for one of the improvised weapons, that you think was the coolest (or most interesting) in Overture... :-)

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Cypherious - 06-08-2008

Rocks and pickaxe.
Felt very naughty when threw rockz at wolves and finished them off with pickaxe.

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Guyra - 06-08-2008

I usually killed everything using propane tanks, but in general, stealth is more fun. ^^

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - eliasfrost - 06-08-2008

I stealth, I still haven't dropped Thief i guess. Wink

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Petike - 06-09-2008

nackidno Wrote:I stealth, I still haven't dropped Thief i guess. Wink

Well, I personally played with a combination of stealth and "quick-kill" fighting techniques... :-) BTW, I finally finished Thief : Deadly Shadows on Saturday. Great experience. And yeah, the Shalebridge Cradle was the most scariest, though it had only a few real enemies - the atmosphere alone was enough to do the trick 98 % of the time. But it soon got a little boring and I stopped being scared, because I was frustrated with what was I supposed to do, to finish the level. :-D Anyway, Thief was a lovely gaming experience. Too bad I never played the two older ones in the series...

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Guyra - 06-10-2008

Thief are great games! Big Grin I wonder, perhaps they'll make a fourth game, with that girl as the main chara, and Garrett as her mentor..? Would've been interesting. ^^

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Wiggoggs - 06-10-2008

With dogs, the hammer rocks. Swift and deadly, especially if you hit em from behind, lol. With spiders? Try throwing a stick of dynamite into the middle of a spider egg nest. Very satisfactory.

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - eliasfrost - 06-10-2008

Guyra Wrote:

Thief are great games! Big Grin I wonder, perhaps they'll make a fourth game, with that girl as the main chara, and Garrett as her mentor..? Would've been interesting. ^^

That would be interesting, though there are rumors based on a fourth game. I don't know if it's true though. ^^

I tried combat in penumbra yesterday. Well, the only effective weapon in my opinion is to throw a heavy object against the enemy. And when it is about to wake up and run away, throw it again.
Repeating this until it dies. Bah, it's funnier and scarier to sneak. Smile

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Petike - 06-10-2008

Guyra Wrote:Thief are great games! Big Grin I wonder, perhaps they'll make a fourth game, with that girl as the main chara, and Garrett as her mentor..? Would've been interesting. ^^

It would. :-) But I think I heard, that part four will be more of a re-telling of the previous trilogy (or something like that)...

RE: What was your favorite "weapon" in Overture ? - Petike - 06-10-2008

Wiggoggs Wrote:With dogs, the hammer rocks. Swift and deadly, especially if you hit em from behind, lol. With spiders? Try throwing a stick of dynamite into the middle of a spider egg nest. Very satisfactory.

Yep. But you have to do it twice.