Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! (/thread-21325.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - immaturegames - 04-29-2013

You all remember "Haunted house" and "Rose marry hill"? Two Full conversions that I thought had a lot of potential (because I made on :p)

But now I talked to Mrsomeepicrandomguy and we are going to make a Indie game together! And the reason I write it here is because it will be in the same engine as Amnesia The dark descent! (Hpl2)
Check it out in the link below!

http://www.moddb.com/games/haunted-house-hh

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - Tomato Cat - 04-30-2013

isn't that what a full conversion is?

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - immaturegames - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 02:01 AM)Mr Credits Wrote: isn't that what a full conversion is?
No not really

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - PutraenusAlivius - 04-30-2013

Isn't this supposed to be a full conversion? If you're really making an indie game with HPL2, does FG allows it?

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - ClayPigeon - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 10:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Isn't this supposed to be a full conversion? If you're really making an indie game with HPL2, does FG allows it?

If the game's already in the making, I'm pretty sure he talked to FG to get the engine files.

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - immaturegames - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 10:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Isn't this supposed to be a full conversion? If you're really making an indie game with HPL2, does FG allows it?
Of course I did Smile

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - OriginalUsername - 04-30-2013

I have to be honest here, so I'm sorry this might be a bit harsh.

I'm not really looking out for this game. I think it's really cool you're making a indie game with hpl2, but I won't look out for this game or even play it.. Why? Well I'm glad you asked..

1. I've 'beta' tested haunted house and well.. It was bad. It felt like everything was snapped to the grid and most of the models were missing. Everything I saw were annoying jumpscares, floating computers and a lot of empty rooms. I told all those things to him and he said he was going to change them. The day after that, his files got corrupted. I'm not sure if it was because of my criticism or if they were actually corrupted. (I think the second) So I gave him the files he sent me for the beta and I/we haven't heard a thing about this FC in weeks.
I'm not saying he stopped it or didn't fix anything, but it's strange we haven't had any updates.

2. I have seen rose marry hill around but I never checked it out.. It just never caught my attention. This might be me being stupid and criticizing a game I haven't followed but I just didn't feel the need to do so.

3. If those 2 maps get merged together in a indie game, I'm not sure what the outcome will be, it might be awesome or it might be terrible, I'm really not sure.

Those things don't mean this is a bad story and we all should leave it be, but I don't think I'll check out the game if you guys don't change a shitload in the mapping, story line and JUMPSCARES, I don't think it'll come very far.

These are just my thoughts so they could be very wrong so please, don't be offended by it and everyone else, don't let me scare you about this game, it might be very good. I just don't think if will..

Anyway, good luck with your game! Again, I think it's awesome you're creating a india game with hpl2! Good luck!

jezus, I just typed all that on my tiny phone..

(04-30-2013, 11:47 AM)Smoke Wrote: I have to be honest here, so I'm sorry this might be a bit harsh.

I'm not really looking out for this game. I think it's really cool you're making a indie game with hpl2, but I won't look out for this game or even play it.. Why? Well I'm glad you asked..

1. I've 'beta' tested haunted house and well.. It was bad. It felt like everything was snapped to the grid and most of the models were missing. Everything I saw were annoying jumpscares, floating computers and a lot of empty rooms. I told all those things to him and he said he was going to change them. The day after that, his files got corrupted. I'm not sure if it was because of my criticism or if they were actually corrupted. (I think the second) So I gave him the files he sent me for the beta and I/we haven't heard a thing about this FC in weeks.
I'm not saying he stopped it or didn't fix anything, but it's strange we haven't had any updates.

2. I have seen rose marry hill around but I never checked it out.. It just never caught my attention. This might be me being stupid and criticizing a game I haven't followed but I just didn't feel the need to do so.

3. If those 2 maps get merged together in a indie game, I'm not sure what the outcome will be, it might be awesome or it might be terrible, I'm really not sure.

Those things don't mean this is a bad story and we all should leave it be, but I don't think I'll check out the game if you guys don't change a shitload in the mapping, story line and JUMPSCARES, I don't think it'll come very far.

These are just my thoughts so they could be very wrong so please, don't be offended by it and everyone else, don't let me scare you about this game, it might be very good. I just don't think if will..

Anyway, good luck with your game! Again, I think it's awesome you're creating a india game with hpl2! Good luck!

We dont use the same maps so we have changed all! And Im doing most of the maping because he told me hes bad at it! And as you said you should say a game sucks before you play it Wink where going to suprise you all and no f*cking jumpscares that don't make sence, I promise that.

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - mrsomeepicrandomguy - 04-30-2013

(04-30-2013, 11:47 AM)Smoke Wrote: I have to be honest here, so I'm sorry this might be a bit harsh.

Well what can I say about what happend to Haunted house... Well i figured my maping skills wheren't that good so instead of making that i paused it and started to make small custom storys that i didn't release. And then I started to talk to immaturegames and he said that my story about the Haunted house was good and that he had a idea of a indie game so he asked me to join and so I did. And as he said, the maping is all up to im (almost) Smile

And yea the files did get corrupted.
So smoke atleast look at it on moddb Smile

RE: Rose marry hill and Haunted house comes togheter in a indie game! - OriginalUsername - 04-30-2013

Okay, I checked out rose marry hill and hh on moddb. The screens on moddb look promising, so I might check it out later, we'll see Wink
And you might want to add some more information for rose marry hill, all there is now is a story line and a few other things. If you want people to be interested, add some screenshots, features, progress, etc. It'll look so much better if you do that.

Again, good luck on the story! I didn't say it was bad, I'm just not sure it will be good..