Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch (/thread-21482.html)

Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - Empyrean - 05-13-2013

I'm stuck in the computer room (Black Plague) with the program card puzzle. My problem is that I am not getting a complete list of programs and can't solve the puzzle. Has anyone had a similar problem? I patched the game and still have the same problem. (If so how'd you get around it?)
Any help would be amazing!

RE: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - pfeifdog78 - 05-14-2013

Yep - I just hit the same problem. I'm playing on a Mac via Steam. Loved Amnesia and am getting into this one, but there are several graphical oddities.

RE: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - 7heDubz - 05-14-2013

Try Verifying file integrity.

RE: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - Empyrean - 05-17-2013

I have the same graphical issues probably (things that are supposed to be red appear blue...) I downloaded the game from the Frictional website itself
Seems like the problem is gonna be here for good... Anyone know a way around this like a save spot after completing the puzzle or something. (Sorry for the delay in the forum posts, I only have access to the interweb once or twice a week when I can get into the city)
Really want to finish this game. Semicolon parenthesis

RE: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - pfeifdog78 - 05-19-2013

(05-17-2013, 03:59 PM)Empyrean Wrote: I have the same graphical issues probably (things that are supposed to be red appear blue...) I downloaded the game from the Frictional website itself
Seems like the problem is gonna be here for good... Anyone know a way around this like a save spot after completing the puzzle or something. (Sorry for the delay in the forum posts, I only have access to the interweb once or twice a week when I can get into the city)

I don't know how to fix the graphical problem, but to get past the puzzle just watch video of how to solve it on Youtube. Copy down the file order, and then click in that area and transfer the files. It will work, even though you can't see what you are doing half the time.

RE: Possible Computer Room Puzzle glitch - Empyrean - 05-24-2013

(05-19-2013, 08:17 PM)pfeifdog78 Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 03:59 PM)Empyrean Wrote: I have the same graphical issues probably (things that are supposed to be red appear blue...) I downloaded the game from the Frictional website itself

I don't know how to fix the graphical problem, but to get past the puzzle just watch video of how to solve it on Youtube. Copy down the file order, and then click in that area and transfer the files. It will work, even though you can't see what you are doing half the time.

My problem is that I'm only getting a list of six programs to select from in the puzzle... I could prolly figure out the puzzle if I had all the programs.
The only programs I can select are:
Antivirus
File Locator
CMD
Firewall
and two others...

Welp, I'm gonna keep trying for one more week and probably just skip the game and go onto the next one if I can't fix the problem. (I am hooked on the storyline, so I may just watch a playthrough to keep up to date on the story, but I hate the fact the player comments on everything while playing...)