Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father (/thread-2154.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Linux.Blue - 06-29-2008

A thought just came to me. It doesn't have meaning. It won't make the game any more exciting or change one persons perception. It's just this little thing, how does Philip know who his father looked like? Didn't his father leave shortly after he was born?
Just a thought.
Although, a new thought occurred, was there a tag or badge on him? That may be how. be funny if that really wasn't the father and he is still alive. but that won't happen I know

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - DrDean - 06-29-2008

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:A thought just came to me. It doesn't have meaning. It won't make the game any more exciting or change one persons perception. It's just this little thing, how does Philip know who his father looked like? Didn't his father leave shortly after he was born?
Just a thought.
Although, a new thought occurred, was there a tag or badge on him? That may be how. be funny if that really wasn't the father and he is still alive. but that won't happen I know
There was that note beside him and it was signed Howard. He knew his name was Howard.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Kedjane - 07-02-2008

Yeah, and chances are he looks similar to his own son.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Thaliur - 07-18-2008

I also believe that the scientists working in the Shelter all wear one of these nameplates. There are a lot of them after all, and somehow you would like to know how to call someone without extensive introductions. That would be inefficient, as the base announcer might say Wink

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - spukrian - 07-18-2008

I assume Philip's mother had photos of his father.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Penumbra - 08-29-2008

I know this thread is oldish, but I remember Philip saying one time when he used an Artifact that he saw 3 men standing and he reconized one as his father.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - ZaRboN - 09-06-2008

He probably felt it's his father with his heart Wink

Spoiler below!
OR CLARENCE PROBABLY TOLD HIM ALREADY DXDXDXD

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Tommy Gun - 09-08-2008

Uhh, there's already a thread about this smewhere. remember how phillip goes into the library and picks up that paper with all that rambling. and amabel says that howards vital last registered in the library.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Linux.Blue - 09-08-2008

I remember that, thus is why we brought Philip to the library in the first place, but anyone could end up in there.
I'm sure it's him and all.

RE: Just a thought about Philip reconizing his father - Penumbra - 09-10-2008

Yeah, I can't belive we didn't run across him in Requiem. The intercom said that there were like 5 or 6 people who were in that place within the last 24 hours. Wern't they Red, Swanson, Harward, Dr. Emenis, the guy at the beggining of Overture, and that guy at the beggining of black plague.