Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Kraven Manor - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Kraven Manor (/thread-21813.html)

Kraven Manor - bluel0bster - 06-12-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK-QAcnOrVU&feature=player_embedded

Anybody played this game yet? Seems very amnesia-esque, found about it from a rockpapershotgun article (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/12/house-of-shards-kraven-manor) in which the author directly referenced amnesia in his review. Downloading it now, as it's a free game.

Thought all you fellow horror game fans might know something/have something to say about it.

RE: Kraven Manor - Ghieri - 06-12-2013

Spoiler below!
Weeping angels...

Whyyyy. ;-;

RE: Kraven Manor - MyRedNeptune - 06-12-2013

Haha! It's even got the green sofas and all. Big Grin

RE: Kraven Manor - FlawlessHappiness - 06-12-2013

I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Walking around finding pieces for a map through a big house, with different scare-events happening at each puzzle. It's pretty basic. No story. No special concept. Just "Find all the pieces, get scared at every event".

This is roughly what I saw, and I'm not negative about the game, in my opinion it's just not on Amnesia's level Smile

RE: Kraven Manor - bluel0bster - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 11:30 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Walking around finding pieces for a map through a big house, with different scare-events happening at each puzzle. It's pretty basic. No story. No special concept. Just "Find all the pieces, get scared at every event".

This is roughly what I saw, and I'm not negative about the game, in my opinion it's just not on Amnesia's level Smile
Just finished the game, there's definitely a real story here if you read all the notes etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game, seemed very amnesia-ish to me, obviously inspired by the game. Enemies reminded me of something out of silent hill, and the puzzles were sufficient. It's a completely free game made by a couple college students, so can't really complain about quality. But that being said, this game's quality imho was pretty damn high.

RE: Kraven Manor - FlawlessHappiness - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 11:35 PM)bluel0bster Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:30 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: I saw PewDiePie play some of it. I'm not really a fan of the monster AI... The graphics are good, but the gameplay itself was (as of what I saw) very weak...

Spoiler below!

Just finished the game, there's definitely a real story here if you read all the notes etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game, seemed very amnesia-ish to me, obviously inspired by the game. Enemies reminded me of something out of silent hill, and the puzzles were sufficient. It's a completely free game made by a couple college students, so can't really complain about quality. But that being said, this game's quality imho was pretty damn high.

Yea, I should probably play it to really understand and feel it... I'm judging the book by it's cover... sorry. When my new pc has been assembled, I shall play it, ON HIGHEST GRAPHICS... Sorry...

RE: Kraven Manor - bluel0bster - 06-13-2013

(06-12-2013, 11:59 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: Yea, I should probably play it to really understand and feel it... I'm judging the book by it's cover... sorry. When my new pc has been assembled, I shall play it, ON HIGHEST GRAPHICS... Sorry...

Probably can't get the best feel for a game by watching PDP playing it :p

RE: Kraven Manor - PutraenusAlivius - 06-13-2013

It was really nice. Actually kinda got the Amnesia feeling through out the game.

Spoiler below!

Throughout the game, a statue was chasing you right? Well, when he grabs me, I was like "Please don't molest me."

Also, you can move the rooms!

RE: Kraven Manor - bluel0bster - 06-13-2013

(06-13-2013, 01:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: It was really nice. Actually kinda got the Amnesia feeling through out the game.

Spoiler below!

Throughout the game, a statue was chasing you right? Well, when he grabs me, I was like "Please don't molest me."

Also, you can move the rooms!

One of the notes in the game talks about a person getting dipped in molten bronze to essentially make a living statue. There were other notes that talked about how to trap peoples' souls within these statues.