Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? (/thread-2243.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Penumbra - 08-19-2008

wild09 Wrote:I definitely want a strong story for this game. I was really disappointed by black plague with it's lack of interesting diaries and logs from what survivors were going though like the first game had. The only one we got was the guy who was turning into a wolf and for me it was one of the most interesting points of black plague for me. That's why I was kinda sad that we didn't get to see him. I was really hoping for maybe a chase sense or something with the wolf guy or something.

So different enemies and story are my big thing.

ditto

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Yuhaney - 08-19-2008

Im_Sexy Wrote:so the dogs aare controlled by the Turngait right

I wouldn't say 'controlled', but I think they are exposed to the virus...

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Tommy Gun - 08-19-2008

No, i shouldn't think so (theyre just guard dogs from the mines that went feral.)
They are probably twisted by the tuurngait presence though.

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Thaliur - 08-19-2008

Not necessarily, but it should be considered possible. They do have some strange deformations (weird scars all over their body, and glowing eyes), so they might be in the early stages of Tuurngait infection, during which the Tuurngait's only effect is making the infected individual crazy.

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - eliasfrost - 08-19-2008

You forgot no paws..Wink Or that might just be the modeller beeing lazy, I don't know. Smile

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Tommy Gun - 08-20-2008

hell, everyone cuts corners, some are just more noticable than others... Smile

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Petike - 08-20-2008

Tommy Gun Wrote:No, i shouldn't think so (theyre just guard dogs from the mines that went feral.)
They are probably twisted by the tuurngait presence though.

Probably - it's hard to tell... Anyway, the poor mutated canines were either guard dogs or sled dogs. As for breeds : They resemble wolfdogs or a cross between a wolfdog and a husky (or possibly even a husky with the Arctic wolf ?).

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Linux.Blue - 08-20-2008

maybe a Husky. I have a Husky knife, and it's like everytime I see that logo/picture of the Hsky dog, I think of Penumbra.

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Im_Sexy - 08-21-2008

Will the dogs and spiders reappear on requiem? I hope not

RE: Penumbra Requiem : What to expect? - Tommy Gun - 08-22-2008

Im_Sexy Wrote:Will the dogs and spiders reappear on requiem? I hope not

mhmmmm, me to, i won't mind if dogs are controlled by the infected, but i enjoy a variety of enemies.