Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? (/thread-2280.html)

Pages: 1 2

Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Jocosity - 08-28-2008

So, I got the fuse from the shelf and brought it to the fuse box, but when I stick it in the fuse box, it just falls straight through the bottom of the box. Is this a glitch?

RE: Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Ninjit_Turak - 08-28-2008

im at the same spot. did you put the battery in the computer room to turn it on? I did that too. I dunno what else to do.
You know that switch that says "DOOR / HATCH"? If you switch it to DOOR, and then go jam the door open with a blue barrel, then switch it back to HATCH you can get through the door and lock it open with a switch to the left, then go down the hatch, but it's just the level exit. Cant go thru it unti lyou have both keys.

RE: Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Jocosity - 08-28-2008

Yeah, I've already put in the battery, opened the hatch and door, and everything else I could find to be done in the level. I'm still stuck at this spot, though.

i guess we're both stuck at the same spot then Sad
ill try more when i get home.

Gah, that stinks. Well, I guess it's a glitch, then. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

nah dude i dont think its a glitch, because he says how there's already a fuse in the box, and it's a "Nice change", i think it's suggesting you dont need to replace the fuse like in all other puzzle games where there's ALWAYS a "find the fuse" puzzle.
I think the fuse you find is just a useless prop. We should be trying other things. We can do this! Big Grin

But I already tossed the spare fuse at the first fuse, and it broke. So now I'm left fuse-less.

AHA, I got it! Here's how you do it:

<spoilers>First, forget about the fuse box, and focus on the machine to the left (the one with the panel-like objects with the single circular holes in them). The panel on the top of each row can be pulled down so that it's making contact with the lower panel, except one. Then, go to the shed where the piece of pipe is, which when examined reveals it's "nice and conductable". Take it, and place it in between the panel that won't go down, and the panel below it. Then just power up the generator. The fuse breaks. Replace it, and voila!</spoilers>

RE: Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Raipe - 08-28-2008

What then i do when i have sended the message in computer what i have to do then

RE: Help in Requiem (Level 5: Surface Base)? - Zeewolf - 08-28-2008

Go to the roof and find a crate that was dropped there.