Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread (/thread-22809.html)

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - Potato - 09-10-2013

I thought it'd be best to start a new topic for players to post in since the game is now officially released, so the discussion topic isn't overflowed with "lol i found a barrel' and 'encountered the first monster"'s. Of course, that said, there will be spoilers, keep them in the tags though. And after +19 months in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait. Thanks, and have fun.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - emd - 09-10-2013

Must say I love how open everything is from the beginning (once you get to the main hall). I love exploring so very much.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - LordGubGub - 09-10-2013

I've been playing it as soon as it released. It's about 4 A.M. here on the East coast, and I had to stop playing the game because it was too much at the moment.
Spoiler below!
I just finished turning a valve in the hidden entrance behind the bear. I exited the room, and I heard what sounded like scratching noises coming from the door down the hallway to the left. I stood there staring at it for a while just frozen until I couldn't take it, and then I saved and exited.
Oh my god this game is terrifying.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - Vertical - 09-10-2013

I'm one hour into the game and so far... I'm really glad I haven't seen any early gameplays yet!

Spoiler below!
I've accidentaly skipped the whole first level, because I directed myself towards the Attic area and investigating it led me to the level door on which I clicked too soon (without realizing the fact it leads to the next map)... So yeah, missed all the area downstairs in the first map Sad.

Beside that, the game works quite all right with my almost borderline specs, allowing me to play it with mostly smooth FPS on high settings mixed with some medium.

All right, turning off the Internet and going back to Pigs.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - LordGubGub - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 09:09 AM)Vertical Wrote: I'm one hour into the game and so far... I'm really glad I haven't seen any early gameplays yet!

Spoiler below!
I've accidentaly skipped the whole first level, because I directed myself towards the Attic area and investigating it led me to the level door on which I clicked too soon (without realizing the fact it leads to the next map)... So yeah, missed all the area downstairs in the first map Sad.

Beside that, the game works quite all right with my almost borderline specs, allowing me to play it with mostly smooth FPS on high settings mixed with some medium.

Spoiler below!
I don't think you could go downstairs before the attic... At least I never found a way down. Just locked/blocked doors and such. I'm pretty sure I explored everything thoroughly.

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - samueljustice00 - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 09:09 AM)Vertical Wrote: I'm one hour into the game and so far... I'm really glad I haven't seen any early gameplays yet!

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
Did you clip through geometry? Sounds like a bug

RE: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Playthrough Thread - Vertical - 09-10-2013

(09-10-2013, 09:25 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
Did you clip through geometry? Sounds like a bug

Spoiler below!
No, I didn't. It was totally my fault, perhaps due to excitement. Technically, everything is okay and what I wrote was a big hyperbole, because I didn't skip the entire level per se, just the downstairs area, and maybe even not, if LordGubGub is right. Thanks nonetheless Smile.