Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[SPOILER] Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: [SPOILER] Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* (/thread-22974.html)

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Streetboat - 09-11-2013

My interpretation of the 'egg' is a metaphor for the hatching of this alternate personality of Mandus'. He says he laid it right there with the bones of his children, by the rhododendrons, implying he was split when he buried his children, and his alternate personality was hatched at that moment.

Or, it could be another version of the Orb from the first Amnesia. I prefer the first explanation, though, the second is too 'deus ex machina'.

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - LarryV - 09-11-2013

Quick question, who was the man in the machine coffin before you entered the templed and gave yourself up?

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Draug - 09-11-2013

And who is the owner of the heart which is connected to the machine?

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Paddy™ - 09-11-2013

During the final part of the game The Machine is recounting all of the horrors that await Oswald's kids in the coming century, including something about seeing "two brothers fall". Is this a reference to 9/11?

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Derxor - 09-11-2013

(09-11-2013, 10:41 AM)Paddy Wrote: During the final part of the game The Machine is recounting all of the horrors that await Oswald's kids in the coming century, including something about seeing "two brothers fall". Is this a reference to 9/11?

Although I actually have no idea...
Spoiler below!

[Image: 1371366257247.png]

I was sure that The Machine was saying that the future holds all of these horrors so the kids are better off dead, is that not right?

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Derxor - 09-11-2013

(09-11-2013, 10:50 AM)Paddy Wrote: I was sure that The Machine was saying that the future holds all of these horrors so the kids are better off dead, is that not right?

Well as I recall, it said something like "the future of this world" refering to the future in the amnesia universe and not in real life
Edit: He's just hinting that something much worse will happen in the future (at the dawn of the new milenium)

RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert* - Klarden - 09-11-2013

(09-11-2013, 10:50 AM)Paddy Wrote: I was sure that The Machine was saying that the future holds all of these horrors so the kids are better off dead, is that not right?

His kids and all of the humanity, yeah.

(09-11-2013, 10:54 AM)Derxor Wrote: Well as I recall, it said something like "the future of this world" refering to the future in the amnesia universe and not in real life

But The Machine makes very direct references to real-world events, such as WW1 and WW2, the Holocaust, etc. I'll reload my save and see what he actually says XD

EDIT: No need, I just loaded the audio files from the install directory hehe.

\Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs\redist\sounds\vo\16_temple\vo_temple_machine_monolgue_1.ogg

Can somebody explain the whole story? *SPOILERS* - zweikiki - 09-11-2013

SPOILERS AHEAD

There are a lot of questions I have about the game. I'm no english native, so maybe I missed some details here and there, but I guess a lot of the story is also open for interpretation. I think I dont get the ending at all.

Are Mandus and his antagonist the same person?

Who is that guy in the coffin at the end?

Why is there a heart build in the machine?

Why is there a huge temple in the machine? And what exactly does Mandus do at the end when he straps himself into the chair?

What about all those colored pig masks?

How did Mandus' children die exactly? And why has Mandus visions about them (opening their chests and showing their hearts)?

Why has Mandus created the man-pig hybrids in the first place? And what is that electro pig?

Maybe someone could just write down the whole story? I'm kinda curious...