Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] PLEASE DELETE THIS (CANCELLED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] PLEASE DELETE THIS (CANCELLED) (/thread-23156.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - Tychaos - 09-21-2013

Although the assets i am waiting on are not out yet, i have begun working on some outdoor areas of the custom story and i will be putting two pictures up. Tell me what you think of the outdoor environment.

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - CarnivorousJelly - 09-22-2013

Those shadows look a little odd and the fog particle systems are colliding with the ground in really obvious ways, but I like the general set-up of the map c:

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - Tychaos - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 06:25 AM)Frightened Soup Wrote: Those shadows look a little odd and the fog particle systems are colliding with the ground in really obvious ways, but I like the general set-up of the map c:

Yeah the trees are giving off annoying pix-elated shadows and i cannot figure out how to stop it, and for the fog i will fix that.

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - CarnivorousJelly - 09-24-2013

For the shadow thing, try placing the spotlights closer to the ground. That usually helps. You might have to adjust the number of spotlights and the angle they're shining at, but it'll remove the pixelation.

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - Tychaos - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 08:59 PM)Electric Cookie Wrote: For the shadow thing, try placing the spotlights closer to the ground. That usually helps. You might have to adjust the number of spotlights and the angle they're shining at, but it'll remove the pixelation.
Okay i guess I will try that, i was just using one massive spotlight in the moon covering the whole map, but i will try adjusting or splitting it into separate spotlights.

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - Tychaos - 09-25-2013

Okay so i have managed to fix the problems on my outdoor test map. With the new assets just around the corner and the time i have been waiting i have thought of a much better idea for the custom story, so i will be changing the background story of the custom story and possibly the title. I am pretty much going to be doing a complete overhaul of the story as it is atm.

RE: Amnesia: Forward in to Darkness - CarnivorousJelly - 09-26-2013

Good luck! :D I did that a whole bunch of times to my story before I finally settled on my current one.

RE: Amnesia: In The Heart of Darkness - Tychaos - 09-29-2013

The name of the story has been changed. I have also posted some new pictures of what i have been working on with the new amfp assets! I will be putting up a link to the moddb page once it gets approved.

RE: Amnesia: In The Heart of Darkness Part 1 - Tychaos - 10-02-2013

Relatively major update! I have come up with a lot of ideas for an amazing and unique story! It has turned out from what i have planned it would be a better idea to split it into a 3 part series, each part consisting of 1-2 hours of gameplay. This will also allow me to pump out the parts a lot faster rather than waiting for one large custom story. I will hint though that this story is based in the same universe as the the dark descent.

RE: Amnesia: In The Heart of Darkness Chapter 1 - Paulpolska - 10-03-2013

Nice screenshots. Jump scares are annoying ? Wow something new. Annoying are monsters.