Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-51.html)
+--- Thread: Could more puzzles have made a better game? (/thread-23229.html)

Pages: 1 2

Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Yuhaney - 09-17-2013

I see lot of people complaining that the game wasn't good and it was mostly about walking, collecting notes, puzzles were too easy and basically there were barely anything that the first game had.

Personally, I think that the game has far too little interaction compared to previous titles and by adding more puzzles, like stack a pile of boxes to get out of a window and some bigger which there are handful now, would make the game more enjoyable even though it doesn't have all the previous features like sanity, inventory and interaction with most of the 'useless' stuff.

Therefore, I throw out a question: Could more puzzles have made the game any better than it is now?

Keep the spoilers at bay. I still haven't finished the game completely. Wink
Also, remember to give your vote on the poll!

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Cuyir - 09-17-2013

If they added them in an organic way, then sure. I miss the puzzles in Penumbra.

In this case it goes either way for me really. No puzzles worked but well designed puzzles would have worked too.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - 7heDubz - 09-17-2013

Nah, it's fine the way it is.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Ghieri - 09-17-2013

No, scarier monsters and more focus on visceral, gritty horror than on mandus's man tears would have made the game better.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Draug - 09-17-2013

(09-17-2013, 04:20 AM)WIWWM Wrote: Nah, it's fine the way it is.

Yep. I rather want one, - two more monster encounters. Smile

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - felixmole - 09-17-2013

More puzzles - but more *actual* puzzles, especially in the exploration part. Although that's not the only thing I wish I'd seen.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Doomed316 - 09-17-2013

You don't want to drown the game out with a lot of puzzles. There was puzzles in TDD but they made you think more. I will also add TDD was morebalanced between horror and puzzles rather than AAMFP which has story over pretty much everything else

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - FlawlessHappiness - 09-17-2013

What's very great about puzzles is that when you encounter something scary, you can take your mind away, and think of something else, and JUST as you've forgotten about the horrible feeling, it strikes you in the back and cuts out your heart.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - pinkribbonscars - 09-17-2013

The puzzles were fine, it just needed more monster encounters.

RE: Could more puzzles have made a better game? - Googolplex - 09-17-2013

Yes. I think I already said enough about puzzles in games. They must not be frustrating like in Silent Hill, but Penumbra is a perfect example for good puzzles.