Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: News - Announcements (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced (/thread-23558.html)

Pages: 1 2

2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - Thomas - 10-11-2013

October 11, 2013 - Strange occurrences have disrupted the routines of the PATHOS-2 research facility. The radio is silent. Behavioral anomalies of the machines are increasingly dangerous, if not...malevolent. The facility is devolving into chaos. No weapons, and the only escape is practically unthinkable.

From Frictional Games, creators of the groundbreaking Amnesia and Penumbra series, SOMA is an aberrant tale of scientific inquiry and survival; an entropic exploration of synapse and circuit that wades through the delusions of human consciousness.

View the debut trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWHVkMIP1b8

Three years in the making, SOMA is a unique continuation of Frictional Games' signature style of explorative horror, provocative storytelling, and unfathomable tension, free of distractive cut-scenes and combat. SOMA is coming to PC and PlayStation 4 in 2015.

http://www.SomaGame.com

RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - FreeBooteR - 10-11-2013

You mention PC and PS4 as platforms...does this include Linux? I've always supported you guys and hope you continue to support the Linux crowd.

RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - Rapture - 10-11-2013

2015? Lighting could strike me, my terminal cancer might kill me by then, my dog could die! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - Tanno - 10-11-2013

Hello,

First of all, I'm a Greek here. I even played Penumbra and Amnesia games(not the 2nd game of Amnesia, yet), and I liked them!

I was surprised that you included some Greek names for this game, such as Soma(Body in Greek) and Pathos(Passion in Greek). I'd like to translate it into Greek for the Greek gamers here. To whom do I speak of it?

Thanks

RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - plutomaniac - 10-11-2013

Οι μεταφράσεις δίνονται σε κάποια εταιρία οπότε για αυτόν και διάφορους άλλους λόγους δεν μπορεί να γίνει αυτό που ζητάς. Παρεπιπτόντως, καλώς όρισες! Smile

(10-11-2013, 08:06 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Οι μεταφράσεις δίνονται σε κάποια εταιρία οπότε για αυτόν και διάφορους άλλους λόγους δεν μπορεί να γίνει αυτό που ζητάς. Παρεπιπτόντως, καλώς όρισες! Smile

Δεν το ήξερα. Ρωτάω, γιατί οι κονσόλες που ανακοίνωσαν εκεί υποστηρίζουν την Ελληνική γλώσσα. Στο Steam την έχουν στα επίσημα στο SteamOS. Θα έρθει και η σειρά του PSN.

Ποία εταιρεία ανέλαβε την μετάφραση του στα Ελληνικά;

Το ρωτάω, γιατί λυπάμαι τους περισσότερους Έλληνες που δεν έχουν την οικονομική δυνατότητα να μάθουν τα Αγγλικά και δεν καταλαβαίνουν Χριστό από τα Αγγλικά που θα λένε τα παιχνίδια μέσα, οπότε θέλω να κάνω κάτι να βοηθήσω ΚΙ αυτούς.

Ευχαριστώ...

Sorry for the Greek language, but just asking him some stuff to be more informed. Smile

Το ποιά εταιρία δεν ξέρω, ίσως ούτε οι ίδιοι να μην το έχουν αποφασίσει ακόμα αν σκεφτείς ότι το παιχνίδι θα βγει σε περίπου δυο χρόνια. 2 χρόνια παρά κάτι πιστεύω. Τέλως πάντων, πιστεύω ότι σήμερα οι περισσότεροι που παίζουν παιχνίδια είναι νεαροί που κανονικά ξέρουν Αγγλικά λόγω σχολείου, άλλων παιχνιδιών και του γεγονότος ότι όλα στα Αγγλικά είναι πια μιας και είναι η διεθνής γλώσσα. Αυτό που μπορείς να κάνεις αν θέλεις και έχεις το κουράγιο όταν βγει το παιχνίδι, είναι να το μεταφράσεις και να δημοσιεύσεις μια ανεπίσημη μεράφραση η οποία θα αναρτηθεί στο forum και θα είναι διαθέσιμη για κατέβασμα για όποιον θέλει.

Πάντως, παλαιότερα είχα σχεδόν ολοκληρώσει μια ανεπίσημη μετάφραση του Justine, ενός DLC του Amnesia The Dark Descent και επειδή είδα ότι δεν ενδιαφερόταν κάποιος έλληνας το παράτησα. Βέβαια δεν είναι το ίδιο να μεταφάσεις ένα 20λεπτο DLC και ένα ολόκληρο παιχνίδι αλλά λέμε τώρα. Wink

Spoiler below!
DIRECT GOOGLE TRANSLATION (YES IT SUCKS! Tongue), TOO BORED TO REWRITE PROPERLY! Big Grin

Which company do not know, maybe not themselves have not decided yet if I think the game will come out in about two years. Two years rather than something I believe . Anyway , I think that today most people who play games are young normally know English because the school, other games and the fact that everything is in English anymore since it is the international language . What can you do if you want and have the courage come when the game is to translate and publish an unofficial merafrasi which will be posted in the forum and will be available for download for anyone who wants it.

However, previously I had almost completed an unofficial translation of Justine, a DLC of Amnesia The Dark Descent and because I saw that someone was interested Greeks gave up . Certainly not the same metaphases to a 20 minute DLC and a whole game but we say now.

Μπα, κάνεις λάθος. Ενδιαφέρονται! Aν κοιτάξεις την Ελληνική πορεία στη μετάφραση των παιχνιδιών στη Sony, τότε θα δεις ότι υπάρχουν πολλοί που ζητάνε τις μεταφράσεις και σε άλλα παιχνίδια. Από τη μέρα που βγήκε μετάφραση το Uncharted, έχει γίνει ο ντόρος. Όλοι πλέον υποστηρίζουν την προσπάθεια εξελληνισμού των παιχνιδιών. Αν το ζητήσεις στη Frictional Games, είμαι σίγουρος ότι δε θ' αρνηθούν. Εκείνη τη μέρα που μετέφρασες το DLC του Amnesia ήταν ΠΟΛΥ πριν γίνει ο ντόρος αυτός. Smile

Στο Steam όλοι τους μετέφρασαν όλο το Counter Strike: GO, ενώ μόνος μου μετέφρασα όλο το Half-Life 2. Κι αυτό είναι εθελοντική δουλειά κι αυτό είναι επίσημο από τη Valve.

Translation by me(NOT GOOGLE, BECAUSE IT SUCKS)

Spoiler below!
Nah, you're wrong. They are interested! If you take a look at the Greek progress in the Greek translation of the games in Sony, then you'll see that there are a lot of them requesting the Greek translation in other games, as well. Since the day the Uncharted games got their Greek translation, the chaos happened. Officially, everyone supports that attempt. If you ask Frictional Games nicely, I'm sure that they won't neglect that. That day you translated Amnesia's DLC was WAY before that chaos happen. Smile

In Steam everyone translated the whole CS: GO, but by myself I translated the WHOLE Half-Life 2. This is a voluntary job and that's official by Valve herself.

Καλά ποτέ δε ξέρεις, μπορεί το παιχνίδι να έχει από μόνο του παραπάνω από τις τυπικές γλώσσες. Ίσως και τη δική μας. Είναι νωρίς ακόμα πάντως για αυτό. Wink

Spoiler below!
You never know, maybe the game will come with more than the common languages. Maybe even ours. One thing is for sure though, it's too early to discuss translations at this point. Wink

RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced - Statyk - 10-12-2013

Hey Thomas, is there any time you may be writing a blog of sorts detailing the engine changes? I know you have made blog posts about the tech buildup, but nothing was really "final". It'd be cool to know the new kicks the engine is sporting!