Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Religion - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Religion (/thread-23750.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Religion - TheWalshinator - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 05:08 AM)Ghieri Wrote: [quote='TheWalshinator' pid='271674' dateline='1383365047']
I would go into a whole massive post about what I am getting at, but I am not going to because I am sure a flame war will come of it, and people will only see what they want to see.

Yeah, I'm getting that impression here.
[\quote]
Well, we agree on something xP

RE: Religion - Cuyir - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 05:17 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 05:01 AM)Cuyir Wrote: Chill Ghieri, i'm just saying it'd be a massively entertaining sitcom. No joke at anyone's expense.

I'm sure it would not end well. Someone would end up dead. Most likely me.

It's a sitcom, not a thriller. Geez.

Don't take it to such a dark place...

RE: Religion - Ghieri - 11-02-2013

Well this thread... died.

(11-02-2013, 05:26 AM)Ghieri Wrote: Well this thread... died.

For now [insert dramatic music here]
I'll just go play Slender: The Arrival.
And this time I won't come back unless someone prompts my response.

RE: Religion - Kman - 11-02-2013

[Image: lindy.gif]

(11-02-2013, 07:23 AM)Kman Wrote: [Image: lindy.gif]

^ This Big Grin

RE: Religion - Kman - 11-02-2013

Same! :-)

RE: Religion - BAndrew - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 12:30 AM)TheWalshinator Wrote:
(11-01-2013, 11:30 PM)BAndrew Wrote: Not much to say.
  • There is no need for a creator/God
  • There is no strong (if not at all) evidence for God.
  • It's not possible to know if God exists.

Therefore we cannot arrive to a safe conclusion.
  • If there was no need for a God, then why are we here? If there was no Creator, then we or this Earth wouldn't exist. If you think that this Earth could create itself, or that it was just here with people and animals in it, then where did the people and animals come from? Where did the germs come from? Where did atoms come from? Where did EVERYTHING come from? There must have been something before everything else.
  • There is lots of evidence that shows God's existence, I have witnessed Him at work in my life and many others that follow, and some that don't follow because of our prayers. Testimony is a great example of evidence.
  • It is possible to know, sometimes you've just got to take a leap of Faith. It's hard, I know, to put your trust in something you cannot see. But sometimes, He might just show Himself to you if you are really looking and listening for Him. You may be able to deny the Bible, but one thing you cannot take from Christians is testimony; their own personal experiences with God.

• I don't know why and how everything came into existance, but I am not going to say "God did it all, problem solved" either. If the universe MUST have a cause, then God must have a cause too. Where did God come from then?
  • If you have evidence I would like to hear it. What you said is NOT EVIDENCE. Many people also claim to have seen ghosts, dragons, elves, titans, Zeus although these do not exist.
  • ?!?!?!?!?!? How can I know if there is no evidence?

BAndrew:
  • Have you really thought about what Eternity is? Here is a quick diagram:

------------------------------God---------------------------
    ...<-3000<-2000<-1000<Earth>1000>2000>3000>...

What some people have a hard time getting their heads around is that God is eternal, and that He exists outside of what we know as time. He has been around for an eternity before Earth and will still be there for eternity after Earth.
  • As for evidence, I have encountered a demon before and lived in fear of it for months. I am almost finished typing that up.
  • Well, put Him to the test. God loves to be tested. Just note this: He may not show Himself to you instantly. His timing is not our timing, but His timing is perfect. And when looking: you have really be looking.
    [\list]

RE: Religion - BAndrew - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 12:22 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote:
  • Have you really thought about what Eternity is? Here is a quick diagram:

------------------------------God---------------------------
    ...<-3000<-2000<-1000<Earth>1000>2000>3000>...

What some people have a hard time getting their heads around is that God is eternal, and that He exists outside of what we know as time. He has been around for an eternity before Earth and will still be there for eternity after Earth.
  • As for evidence, I have encountered a demon before and lived in fear of it for months. I am almost finished typing that up.
  • Well, put Him to the test. God loves to be tested. Just note this: He may not show Himself to you instantly. His timing is not our timing, but His timing is perfect.
    [\list]

If we decide that God is eternal, then why not save a step and conclude that the universe is eternal? I see no need for God. Universe is eternal - no need for God.

Your personal experience isn't evidence.