Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Penumbra remembers me to Lost (/thread-2387.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Penumbra remembers me to Lost - doomdoom - 10-01-2008

I don't know... if anyone here see or watch Lost, the tv serie, but I find many things in common between Penumbra and Lost...

·They are "abandon?" in a "strange" place where "rare" things happen and with no form to exit.
·The place where they are is not "common" or "normal"
·The place where they were was occupied (sorry for the bad inglesh) by normal persons but then they were attack by "others".
·They are attacked by others who doesn't know.
·Dharma and the Archaic? ^^.
·A radio transmition? (Rosseau and Red)

Well, these are similities that I have found between Penumbra and Lost, perhaps I mistook in some things but if anyone watch Lost till the forth temporade, please post and tell me what you think Wink.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Linux.Blue - 10-01-2008

never saw Lost. sort of off topic, but F.E.A.R. reminds me of Doom in a lot of ways

1. You're for the most part, a sole survivor, only one looking around and fighting.
2. You hear/see/play messages from, for the most part, dead people.
3. You do occasionally come across someone, for good or for bad.
4. Follow up on 3, you are in some ways, chasing to get to someone, or people.

I guess the feel of it makes it feel very doom 3 in some ways.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Tommy Gun - 10-13-2008

mmmm, yeah, but storys are always overlapping, i mean Harry Potter just screams lord of the rings in some ways.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - jamhaw - 11-08-2008

It reminded me of Lost too, thats one of the main reasons I picked up Overture! It was the game box it looked a lot like the hatch from Lost.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - doomdoom - 11-14-2008

Yes, but I hope Lost won't end like Penumbra... I didn't like Black Plague...

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Tommy Gun - 11-14-2008

mhmmm
it was a bit confusing the end, but definately the layout of the storyline in black plague was good.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Kedjane - 12-04-2008

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Penumbra did draw inspiration from Lost as I think the first season started on swedish television about the time they were developing the games.
The "Shelter" really reminds of the hatch in every way possible, but apart from that and the supernatural theme I wouldn't say they are really similar. The Archaic and Dharma are pretty similar too.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - jamhaw - 12-28-2008

There is the mysterious whispering in the game. What are the whispers anyway are you infected as soon as you get into the mine?

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - Kedjane - 12-30-2008

(12-28-2008, 10:53 PM)jamhaw Wrote: There is the mysterious whispering in the game. What are the whispers anyway are you infected as soon as you get into the mine?

Inuit spirits... ooo Rolleyes
There wasn't even a virus in the first place... just like the "plague" in Lost, by the way.

RE: Penumbra remembers me to Lost - jamhaw - 12-30-2008

There was a plague in Lost? Now that I start to think about it I am really confused about just what those whispers were, as you obviously got infected relativley early on but you can't have been infected the moment that you entered the mine.