Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+---- Forum: Mac - Penumbra (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-26.html)
+---- Thread: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) (/thread-24084.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - dither - 03-27-2014

Will there be a patch for non-steam users? I just purchased the collection and can only open the games by running Launcher as root. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - Urkle - 03-27-2014

Yes there will be a patch in the next week or so. Please do not run as root!. Instead simply use the direct-run approach from the terminal.

./Overture.app/Contents/MacOS/Overture

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - s3raph1m - 04-13-2014

Did that update for non-steam users come out yet? If so, where can I find it?

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - raingregoire - 05-09-2014

(04-13-2014, 07:42 PM)s3raph1m Wrote: Did that update for non-steam users come out yet? If so, where can I find it?

I too am looking for this.

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - tarasis - 05-17-2014

Bought the Penumbra Collection in 2010 (Mac version, from here and not Steam) and never got around to playing it. Finally tried to play it this evening and hit this problem. I'm very curious to know whats happened to the patch.

(03-27-2014, 01:53 AM)Urkle Wrote: Yes there will be a patch in the next week or so. Please do not run as root!. Instead simply use the direct-run approach from the terminal.

./Overture.app/Contents/MacOS/Overture

This doesn't always seem to work. The first attempt worked fine. I just spent the last 30 minutes playing, however when I quit and then tried to restart it kept crashing to desktop. (with the same messages in the console, as when I try to run it through the launcher.) Also I had to use Penumbra, not Overture.

Quote:rob@Han-Solo:/Applications/Penumbra Collection $ ./Overture.app/Contents/MacOS/Penumbra

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - Guest - 05-27-2014

(03-27-2014, 01:53 AM)Urkle Wrote: Yes there will be a patch in the next week or so.

So where is this patch? It's been months.Dodgy

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - gypsy - 06-03-2014

(01-23-2014, 04:51 PM)Urkle Wrote: yeah.. the other fix is me fixing it proper and sending a patch, which is on my agenda for today and through the weekend.

Hi
I recently purchased the Penumbra collection through GOG. Unfortunately I didn't read the smaller spec print that said it doesn't work on Mavericks. 2 questions: first why does the demo work in Mavericks, and how can I make the collection work?
I'm not a terminal person, so if there is a workaround, I would need the complete code and how to accomplish it. I know I'm putting you out, but I really need the help to get it going. Eventually I know I have t learn to use the terminal, but having a problem with where to start.

Thanks for your time

Joe

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - Urkle - 06-05-2014

We actually have a new build of the penumbra collection that does work on mavericks. I'll check top see when we will be sending that over to GOG.

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - gypsy - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 04:49 PM)Urkle Wrote: We actually have a new build of the penumbra collection that does work on mavericks. I'll check top see when we will be sending that over to GOG.

Thanks Urkle, I appreciate that and the time you and your team invested in making the collection Mavericks compatible.
I'll keep checking with GOG to see when the new version is available.

Again thanks,

Gypsy

RE: Penumbra Not Working on Mavericks (SOLVED) - plutomaniac - 06-05-2014

(06-05-2014, 04:49 PM)Urkle Wrote: We actually have a new build of the penumbra collection that does work on mavericks. I'll check top see when we will be sending that over to GOG.

Are you ready for OS X Yesemite incompatibility? :p :p :p