Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] INFESTATION (WIP) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] INFESTATION (WIP) (/thread-24256.html)

Pages: 1 2

INFESTATION (WIP) - Artyom - 12-31-2013

Discontinued

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Streetboat - 12-31-2013

This looks awesome. Definitely keep going. Love what you did with the boxlights on the floor. I have one suggestion, make them super short (vertically) and place them so that the top of them barely goes on top of the floor, that way you won't have things happening like the light being painted over the wires that go over the floor, as in picture one. Smile
Love the aesthetic of the second picture, reminds me of Doom 3. That's a good thing.

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Daemian - 01-01-2014

I don't like too much the penumbra monster but maybe you found a way
to make it creepy again. The rest looks great.
How are the dialogues gonna work?

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Artyom - 01-01-2014

@Streetboat
I followed your advice on the box lights and it looks a lot better now! (updated the screenshot)
@Amn
I don't have much of a choice but to use the penumbra monster, mainly because I have no clue how to use and 3d modelling software. And I simply don't have the time to learn it.
Also I can't really make the amnesia monsters fit in very well with the sortoff sci-fi enviroment, so that's a problem as well.
Although I do agree the penumbra monster is not very scary.

Concerning the dialogues inside spoiler tags.
Spoiler below!

Throughout the playthrough you will be able to choose different paths to follow.
(atleast that's my goal)
And depending on what you decide to do, whether it's saving a guy or letting him die, completely depending on your own play-style. The dialogues will mainly be via radio, due to the lack of fitting npc's.

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - RaideX - 01-01-2014

Looks very nice. I'll keep an eye on this Smile

I really like the lamp halos, they give this nice futuristic feeling.

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Artyom - 01-01-2014

@RaideX
Glad you like it!

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - BeartrixTheStrange - 01-02-2014

Will this have voice acting in it? And can I help out?

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Artyom - 01-02-2014

(01-02-2014, 02:39 AM)BeartrixTheStrange Wrote: Will this have voice acting in it? And can I help out?

The mod includes dialogues so yes please! Just add me on skype and I can go more in depth with the characters. I'm always in need of help so I really appreciate it!

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - Artyom - 01-04-2014

Bump! More screens will be up later today!

RE: INFESTATION (WIP) - GrAVit - 01-08-2014

This looks very good indeed. Have you planned any custom monsters? That would make it even better. Also, when I looked at "Setting:" and saw 2019, I thought it was the release date at first. Tongue