Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Obscuro: The Great Engines[CANCELLED] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Obscuro: The Great Engines[CANCELLED] (/thread-24550.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Obscuro: The Great Engines[CANCELLED] - RedKnight - 02-05-2014

STORY:

I will re-add the story again soon

Obscuro will include:
-AAMFP assets
-Big maps
-Voice acting(NOT YET!)
-Different endings

Obscuro will NOT include:
-Cheap/annoying jumpscares(example: shitty teleporting naked guys)
-Notes that doesn't make any sense
-Diaries
-Tinderboxes, health and sanity potions

SCREENSHOTS:

Screenshots? They are coming somewhere in june.

The cs is slowing down i know. But this is because of some broblems. and one thing: I did not cancel all the custom stories, but i keep changing them.

I am gonna put this cs in ModdB soon

Chapters

Chapter 1: Waking the spirits- 1%
Chapter 2: Pumping hearts, breathing lungs-0%
Chapter 3: Agnes, the monster
Chapter 4: The Great Engines

RE: Curse: Extermination - WALP - 02-05-2014

Even if they are not the same, I dont see why you would want to showcase a screenshot of a room from your mod, that is almost the same except dumbed down quality.

RE: Curse: Extermination - RedKnight - 02-05-2014

(02-05-2014, 06:49 PM)The Mug Wrote: Even if they are not the same, I dont see why you would want to showcase a screenshot of a room from your mod, that is almost the same except dumbed down quality.

It is not a mod, and i did not appreciate that. I tried my best -_-

RE: Curse: Extermination - Traggey - 02-05-2014

I demand Daleks.

RE: Curse: Extermination - daortir - 02-05-2014

Traggey pls. Now I will have to watch it all over again ;n;

As for the mod, I think you can improve mapping a lot but it's fine because you look motivated !

Try experimenting with the wall assets, making some mansion/castle/cellar rooms, this is probably the easiest point to start from. Once you'll be confident with building simple rooms you will be able to be a bit more creative with architecture. Once you'll be doing fine with complicated architecture, lighting and detailing will be the points you'll have to focus on :3.

That's the way I see things, I might be wrong though.

But yeah, my advice is to make some rooms of your own and slowly make the architecture more complicated ^^.
Feel free to PM me if you have any question, I won't have all the answers and but I try to help anytime I can !

RE: Curse: Extermination - Tesseract - 02-06-2014

The Mug is right: you've basically just recreated the orb chamber just with poor lighting, the floor hasn't been rescaled and there aren't any other kinds of details to speak of.

RE: Curse: Extermination - RedKnight - 02-06-2014

The orb chamber is actually used as a test. It will be used for things. And will not be the first room, it will be the main hall. :3

The story will be not so long, or it will be released after soma is released.

It is also very fucking annoying i need to go to bed at 20:30 in the NL. I am also not so much working on it at fridays,saturdays and sundays them i am staying in the home of my uncle and aunt! And i hope at the vacations, i am just home instead of being fucking somewhere else. This makes me sick btw.

RE: Curse: Extermination - Red - 02-06-2014

(02-06-2014, 05:43 PM)AprilMC Wrote: The orb chamber is actually used as a test. It will be used for things. And will not be the first room, it will be the main hall. :3

It is also very fucking annoying i need to go to bed at 20:30 in the NL. I am also not so much working on it at fridays,saturdays and sundays them i am staying in the home of my uncle and aunt! And i hope at the vacations, i am just home instead of being fucking somewhere else. This makes me sick btw.

Don't swear so much, people here don't like it.

RE: Curse: Extermination - RedKnight - 02-07-2014

(02-06-2014, 08:06 PM)Red Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 05:43 PM)AprilMC Wrote: The orb chamber is actually used as a test. It will be used for things. And will not be the first room, it will be the main hall. :3

Sorry

I will change the story, and i have now time to do more mapping! :3(when i am out of school)

I always make plans in my noteblock, i will show a picture of that soon.

And i also planned to create a minecraft mod, i am not working on it but i cant do both. Thus first this cs.

RE: Curse: Extermination - Red - 02-07-2014

(02-07-2014, 07:16 AM)AprilMC Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 08:06 PM)Red Wrote:

Sorry
Good. Now your maturity increased 35%.