Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall (/thread-2559.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - Thomas - 02-18-2009

In the settings.cfg file (in "My Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/", open it with note pad, and change
LogResources="false"
to
LogResources="true"

Play to the crash and then attach the log. Perhaps there is some specific asset that causes the crash and this will give more info on that,.

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - lordseth - 02-18-2009

heres my log using the LogResources true

also did what jens said but still crashing.... Sad

Any luck so far Smile

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - sheepdragon - 02-24-2009

Any news on this? My log file looks identical to the TS, exact same problem and everything. Similar GPU as well (HD4870).

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - hackbod - 03-04-2009

Is there any resolution on this? I am also having the exact same problem. Downloaded from Steam, Vista 32 bit, ATI 4870, Catalyst 9.2.

Thanks for any help!

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - jens - 03-04-2009

Could you test to go into the installation directory, /Black Plague/redist/sounds/01/ and delete the file 01_ambience1.ogg. Or rename it to disable_filename.xxx.

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - sheepdragon - 03-06-2009

(03-04-2009, 08:55 AM)jens Wrote: Could you test to go into the installation directory, /Black Plague/redist/sounds/01/ and delete the file 01_ambience1.ogg. Or rename it to disable_filename.xxx.
Did not make any difference for me. Can't see much difference in the log either.

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - Thomas - 03-06-2009

sheepdragon:
Please provide a log where LogResources is true (as explaiined in earlier post)

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - usy - 03-06-2009

Here's my log with 01_ambience1.ogg renamed to disable_filename.xxx (didn't help either) and LogResources="true".

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - sheepdragon - 03-09-2009

(03-06-2009, 09:19 AM)Thomas Wrote: sheepdragon:
Please provide a log where LogResources is true (as explaiined in earlier post)
Now I'm confused. I reinstalled the game for the 5th-6th time now, and changed LogResources, and now I could back without problem.

For a bit more detail, I've got the latest ATI driver, I installed and started the game once, without installing the patch, then installed it, started playing, and I managed to get back and forth through the door without problem.

RE: Black Plague Crashes Returning From Cells To Messhall - Thomas - 03-09-2009

sheepdragon:
So you tried the game after installing an updated ATI driver and then it worked? Just wanna make sure I get you correctly.

If that is the case, then it is very likely that some specific ATI driver version was the cause.