Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The next game! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: The next game! (/thread-2594.html)

Pages: 1 2

The next game! - JBoy77 - 03-04-2009

I just wanted to create an open thread to talk about how MAJORLY excited we are about the next Frictional Games game. I can hardly stand waiting for even the rest of the game information to be released! I have a feeling Frictional's new game project will be hard to beat. In fact I know that it will be INSANELY AWSOME. Exclamation Big Grin: Exclamation

I also attached my favorite Penumbra art, The Arrivel. Sleepy

RE: The next game! - JBoy77 - 03-04-2009

So what is everyone wanting to see in this new game?

RE: The next game! - Kedjane - 03-05-2009

Err... great physics and challenging puzzles... I guess. And more action, definately.
Can't really tell without any images or news whatsoever.

RE: The next game! - JBoy77 - 03-05-2009

Yeah more action, but the ability to chose whether to fight or lay low should be in the game.

RE: The next game! - jamhaw - 03-06-2009

(03-05-2009, 09:58 PM)JBoy77 Wrote: Yeah more action, but the ability to chose whether to fight or lay low should be in the game.

Personally I'm a bit disapointed by the focus on action and making it Survival Horror, I really liked how it was in Penumbra and the action parts always felt like the weakest parts of the game to me.

RE: The next game! - Yuhaney - 03-06-2009

In the future, use the edit button. Don't double post. Smile:

But alas, if the thread is a month old, and no answers, you can bump the thread, I guess...

RE: The next game! - Kedjane - 03-06-2009

(03-06-2009, 04:46 AM)jamhaw Wrote:
(03-05-2009, 09:58 PM)JBoy77 Wrote: Yeah more action, but the ability to chose whether to fight or lay low should be in the game.

Personally I'm a bit disapointed by the focus on action and making it Survival Horror, I really liked how it was in Penumbra and the action parts always felt like the weakest parts of the game to me.

Hey, there's being defenseless and then there's not being able to swing a hammer properly.
Even in pure horror movies the main character usually fights off a ghost with his fists (even if just temporarily by pushing the Grudge down a staircase or something) or faces the badguy in a firefight. I like the way you in FEAR 2 (otherwise a complete shooting game) sometimes get jumped on by ghosts and have to hammer the melee button to throw them off. If Lux has any kind of combat it should probably be in Condemned-style with a bit more melee or running focus.

RE: The next game! - JBoy77 - 03-30-2009

Hopefully there will be some actual allies we will be able to work with.

RE: The next game! - jamhaw - 03-30-2009

(03-30-2009, 12:34 AM)JBoy77 Wrote: Hopefully there will be some actual allies we will be able to work with.

I think that would ruin the atmosphere, maybe have an ally that gets eaten in the first half hour.

RE: The next game! - dreadi - 03-30-2009

(03-30-2009, 12:34 AM)JBoy77 Wrote: Hopefully there will be some actual allies we will be able to work with.

Hopefully not. I've resented every game where you're burdened with an idiot ai. I can't see any pros in having a sidekick especially in a horror game. This WILL be a horror game after all, not resident evil. Right?