Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[WIP] Our Eyes Awake (SUSPENDED) - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Our Eyes Awake (SUSPENDED) (/thread-26081.html)

Pages: 1 2

Our Eyes Awake (SUSPENDED) - Damascus - 09-11-2014

1957, rural Pennsylvania. You once had a history of severe hallucinations, but with medication, you function well as a member of the police force. You're being sent to look for a missing person - white male, 24 years old, with a history of depression and drug abuse. He was a former resident of a now abandoned insane asylum, which you will investigate.

Local residents have complained of loud banging sounds and screams coming from the building, though it's been closed for 20 years. You had better keep your guard up. No one knows why Cherry Hill was closed. They only know that the patients there came out crazier than they went in.

From the same team that brought you my previous Custom Stories, I'm finally going for a Full Conversion, Our Eyes Awake. In it, you take the roll of a female police officer investigating an old mental asylum. As she explores, her old psychological problems begin to emerge as she witnesses unspeakable horrors and uncovers a terrifying conspiracy.

This Full Conversion is planned to be about a third of the length of my first CS, The Great Work, and I'd like it to be decently longer than A Coward's Debt. I will focus as much as I can on pacing, immersion, suspense, and pants-shitting terror. There will also be more complex AI, plenty of voice-acting, and unique enemies.

Features:
Female protagonist with full voice acting
Models and textures created by Crisosphinx
Full new soundtrack created by Python Blue
Two new custom enemies: the Phantom, and the Worshipper
Two unique fully-voiced AI
Flashlight and batteries, and redesigned inventory
Redesigned sanity effects

SUSPENDED

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - burge4150 - 09-11-2014

I like the premise. Sounds sorta like outlast - but this engine is way better suited for that kind of game imo.

If you want it, I have a short story I wrote years ago that fits very well into your theme. No credit needed, just looking to inspire. If you want it I'll link it over to you.

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - AGP - 09-11-2014

This sounds awesomely creepy, as I'm a fan of asylum-set stories. Plus, a female protagonist; haven't really had much of that (at least none that I'm aware of outside of Emma's Story).

Can't wait to see where this goes!! Big Grin

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - Neelke - 09-11-2014

If you ever need a beta tester, I'm right here XD

Also, may I ask what other projects youre working on? Just curiousity.

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - Slanderous - 09-11-2014

I would love to beta test as well, that looks promissing. I'm gonna luv dat.

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - crisosphinx - 09-11-2014

Don't forget new monsters as well, fully equipped with tons of animations Wink

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - Radical Batz - 09-11-2014

I might beta test this if you want Damascus, i love all of your projcts and I'd definetly try this one out Wink

Ofc if I find any bugs I will let you know with a pm

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - The chaser - 09-12-2014

Gotta say, you guys make golden CS's. I'm already starving to play this story :/

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - Damascus - 09-12-2014

(09-11-2014, 01:55 AM)burge4150 Wrote: I like the premise. Sounds sorta like outlast - but this engine is way better suited for that kind of game imo.

If you want it, I have a short story I wrote years ago that fits very well into your theme. No credit needed, just looking to inspire. If you want it I'll link it over to you.

I never played Outlast, so i can only hope it doesn't end up being too similar to it. :/ I was actually inspired by American Horror Story: Asylum. And I actually have the entire story already planned out, but thanks anyway!

(09-11-2014, 09:27 AM)Neelke Wrote: If you ever need a beta tester, I'm right here XD

Also, may I ask what other projects youre working on? Just curiousity.

I'm currently working on a novel on the side. That and working full time is taking up most of my time right now, so this will take longer than my last projects. Feel free to get excited, but I hope you all don't burn yourselves out waiting for it!

Another fun feature I'm adding to this game: Unlike previous games, you now start out with a large inventory (plenty of batteries, health kits, matches), but will find next to no new resources during gameplay. You will be forced to carefully ration the supplies you start with throughout the game.

RE: Our Eyes Awake (a Full Conversion) - Neelke - 09-13-2014

(09-12-2014, 11:31 PM)Damascus Wrote: I'm currently working on a novel on the side. That and working full time is taking up most of my time right now, so this will take longer than my last projects. Feel free to get excited, but I hope you all don't burn yourselves out waiting for it!

Another fun feature I'm adding to this game: Unlike previous games, you now start out with a large inventory (plenty of batteries, health kits, matches), but will find next to no new resources during gameplay. You will be forced to carefully ration the supplies you start with throughout the game.

Ha, that's awesome. I actually had a simular idea to make that during my first custom stories. But I never implemented it. Good thing to see that someone uses that idea XD