Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? (/thread-2780.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - MulleDK19 - 07-27-2009

(07-27-2009, 07:13 PM)Fred Wrote: Has anyone found a solution so far? We haven't, and the situation is at its most criticalpoint, we can't continue like this, must... have... new... horror game... urgh...

Like I said. Find a hypnotist. Og do some self-hypnosis.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - Kedjane - 07-28-2009

Play Tetris for a few weeks. Might work.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - Fred - 07-28-2009

(07-28-2009, 12:27 AM)Kedjane Wrote: Play Tetris for a few weeks. Might work.

How will this give me the same satisfying yet creepy feeling that Penumbra gave me. Sad

You guys are all in on this together aren't you! Share me your technology, you seem all so quite happy you must be on to something!

Dodgy

I think we shall execute the Frictional Games slavery plan now, up to Sweden!

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - spukrian - 07-29-2009

I´ve heard rumors about an organisation called the Dollhouse. They might help you, if you can find them...

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - ShnitzelKiller - 08-07-2009

(06-15-2009, 11:44 PM)Fred Wrote: Hello fellow Penumbrawlers,

I've come here to seek guidance. I've forced myself through this masterpiece nonetheless of the erratic feelings that deeply indulged my mind.

However, I am very upset, for you see, I've been introduced into this new genre which I like to define as sickening horror, which is somewhat pleasuring.

Unknown is so distanced from now. I tried to suppress my urge but to no avail. Me and my friends have come up with some silly ideas so far but those we've put aside for when the condition becomes critical. We've even thought of kidnapping the Frictional Games crew and making them work 24/7 on more sickening horror titles.

Serious matters require serious actions you could say. But right now we're trying to seek, something more of a biological solution you could say. We want to erase the Penumbra memories from our brains so we could relive the moments again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person having tried to seek for these desperate solutions, but this is an urgent matter. This is no joke as it might seem to some, I must relive what I experienced weeks ago when I first started playing Penumbra at 2:00 AM.

Thank you for kindly and patiently listening to my cry for help.

Regards,
Fred (representing the Penumbra rehabilitation center crew)

Christ, you can't be serious... to go through such dangerous procedures just to relive a video game? Are you that desperate?

(I thought this was a thread asking about how Clarence was able to erase your periodic table...)

Any "secret organization" you feel you should trust would most certainly be crackpots with a bunch of herbs and a blunt object of some kind, you wouldn't find medical professionals wasting their time in secrecy, er, except the those nice people with the Tuurngait virus... anyway, your memories of Penumbra would be scattered all over your mind, as memories of anything are, because you link them with each other, and with things you experience, you can't just erase it. And it seems you actually did try whacking one of your friends on the head?

(07-27-2009, 07:33 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:
(07-27-2009, 07:13 PM)Fred Wrote: Has anyone found a solution so far? We haven't, and the situation is at its most criticalpoint, we can't continue like this, must... have... new... horror game... urgh...

There is no such thing as hypnotism. PERIOD. Any stories of it working you may have heard is pure myth, it does not work. At least the classic dangly-object-and-repetitive-chanting type.

(06-17-2009, 10:50 AM)Renegade_ Wrote: Hey, if he can erase the Periodic Table from your memory in seconds, he could probably do wonders to get rid of the game too.
give him a shout: clarence@tuurngait.com

Lol.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - eliasfrost - 08-07-2009

My suggestion: Wait for Unknown.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - Ghozt - 09-08-2009

Take six acid tabs, five ecstasy tabs, smoke four skunk joints, snort three lines of coke, drink two bottles of Absinthe and say one short prayer, if you can remember anything after that it's probably because your reincarnated as "RED".:twisted:

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - MulleDK19 - 09-08-2009

(08-07-2009, 03:17 AM)ShnitzelKiller Wrote:
(07-27-2009, 07:33 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:

There is no such thing as hypnotism. PERIOD. Any stories of it working you may have heard is pure myth, it does not work. At least the classic dangly-object-and-repetitive-chanting type.

So I guess, I'm a myth, huh? So, when I tell somebody they're a duck, and they suddenly shit themselves, they're just fooling the camera (that's not even there)?

Funny how far friends are willing to go to make their friends happy.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - Kedjane - 09-08-2009

Whoever said there is no hypnostism, was wrong.
It does work, and even some urban legends of it working are true.
Hypnotism is probably the best option if you want to forget something in a hurry.

RE: How do you erase certain parts of the memory? - graykin - 09-10-2009

I, personally, find it hard to believe that you can just...snap your fingers and make someone forget something. The human brain is just too complex for that kind of thing. We are not like computers where you can just go to the Recycle Bin and hit "empty". I honestly don't care if hypnosis is real or not...but the manipulation of one's memories through repetitive hand waving and saying "You will forget having played the game Penumbra!" is just impossible...unless someone can tell me exactly how it works.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a pain in the neck or piss anyone off. I just want someone to definitively explain to me how it works.