Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
General Editor Questions - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: User created content (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-79.html)
+---- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-80.html)
+---- Thread: General Editor Questions (/thread-31029.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: General Editor Questions - LordDakol - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 07:59 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 07:35 AM)LordDakol Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 07:41 PM)Mudbill Wrote: By readables, do you mean in-game signs?

Either way, pretty much all text for the game is defined in the .lang files. If you want to create a sign, you place the text in a lang file and then reference the entry to the object in the level. If it's like HPL2, it should be easily done with a SignArea, but I don't know if those are a thing still. Haven't quite gotten to modding yet.

I'm referring to the notes and datapads that contain story bits.

I managed to get mine working. I have to figure out exactly how I did it again, but right now, I'm juggling a few projects so it may take me a moment to get around to it, but if I recall, I...
1. placed an english.lang in my mod's config folder
2. deleted everything below the <Readables> category
3. deleted everything within the <Readables> category
4. created a lang entry for my note
5. Used the readables tab in the level editor to point to my <Readables> category and entry
6. Then changed my mod's main_init to make sure it pointed to english.lang

I have probably missed a step, but it worked for me for a while, then I changed a few things and now I'm trying to fix it again.

Have an appropriate gif:
Spoiler below!
[Image: Computer+Rage.gif]

That is what I feel like right now, lol

Where do I find an english.lang? And where can I find my mod's config folder?

RE: General Editor Questions - TiManGames - 10-02-2015

1. How do I add a puppet monster? It just won't show up... (actually, only poseable one shows, but that's it.)
2. How do I enable the final lighting/graphics in the editor?

RE: General Editor Questions - Romulator - 10-03-2015

(10-02-2015, 10:16 PM)LordDakol Wrote: That is what I feel like right now, lol

Where do I find an english.lang? And where can I find my mod's config folder?

Well, you can find an english.lang by copying one from SOMA's config\lang_main folder, and by your mods config folder, I mean create your own.

In a test CS, a template someone can use to make Custom Stories, I have this layout currently:

[Image: c9bf066f3b.png]

Edit:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 364d6771b1.jpg]

I'll make a tutorial about it sooner or later. What I said before (the steps) seemed to lead me in the right direction, but I probably have to do more and I am just forgetting a step.

RE: General Editor Questions - TiManGames - 10-03-2015

(10-02-2015, 11:44 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: 1. How do I add a puppet monster? It just won't show up... (actually, only poseable one shows, but that's it.)
2. How do I enable the final lighting/graphics in the editor?

Someone? ;-;

RE: General Editor Questions - Rapture - 10-03-2015

@TheTieMan

Can you be more descriptive?

(1) What do you mean by "it won't show up"? It won't show in the Editor, Game, both?

Which one are you referring to also, their are 6 listed under "puppet". (Entities>Character)

(2) What do you mean final lighting/graphics? It's a WYSIWYG editor.

Their is a "Edit>Preferences" in the Menu Bar to configure a little bit of settings for the Level Editor.

RE: General Editor Questions - TiManGames - 10-03-2015

(10-03-2015, 03:39 PM)Rapture Wrote: @TheTieMan

Can you be more descriptive?

(1) What do you mean by "it won't show up"? It won't show in the Editor, Game, both?

Which one are you referring to also, their are 6 listed under "puppet". (Entities>Character)

(2) What do you mean final lighting/graphics? It's a WYSIWYG editor.

Their is a "Edit>Preferences" in the Menu Bar to configure a little bit of settings for the Level Editor.

1. It won't show up in the game. I use "puppet_1_1".
2. In the hpl2 editor it was WYSIWYG, but in the hpl3 level editor It's nothing like the final level in the game. For example, I opened theta_tunnel map in the editor, and what I see is completely not what I get in the game.

RE: General Editor Questions - LordDakol - 10-04-2015

Okay, and as a addon to the earlier question: where do I find the planes in order to create ceilings?

RE: General Editor Questions - Aifa - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 09:40 PM)LordDakol Wrote: Okay, and as a addon to the earlier question: where do I find the planes in order to create ceilings?
Simply flip the plane by rotating it.