Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Monsters in Custom Level - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: SOMA (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-55.html)
+--- Forum: User created content (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-79.html)
+---- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-80.html)
+---- Thread: Monsters in Custom Level (/thread-31046.html)

Pages: 1 2

Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 09-29-2015

So how do I get the creatures (I am using the proxy or the puppet) to walk and move and crap? It doesn't move and sometimes it's just not there. I'm pretty stupid so I apologize hehe.

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - A.M Team - 09-29-2015

You should just need to put it down:

If you haven't actually found the monsters look in the characters/ subsection of entities, you can find the two puppets in the "mindcoral" section...

If you already have found the models, look for the following:

Is the monster slightly stuck in the ground? Move him up a little by turning off the grid while editing (the magnet button on the bottom left).

Did you put any properties on the monster? Set them all to default and then try testing the level with one at a time.

As this is a very new engine to work with we can only go with the things that would of worked in HPL2, but this should work. Hope this helps! Big Grin

EDIT: When you go into your level's files does it have a map chace? Delete it.

Also have you tried editing the main SOMA folder's resorse.cfg file and include where your mod directory is?
Spoiler below!
<Directory Path="(/whereyoustorethemodhere)/(yourmod'sfolderhere)" AddSubDirs="true" />
Remove the brackets before posting it to the resource.cfg file...

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 09-29-2015

Yeah most of these I already got down but the map cache I deleted when you said so.

also i still really can't get the monster to work, and where do I find the textures for floors?

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - A.M Team - 09-30-2015

Well, I know what to do about the floors:

textures/environments maybe? If not, try going into static objects/station(or whatever area you want for the floors) and look for floors, I remember seeing floor entities in one of those folders...

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 09-30-2015

So i did find the floor textures and what not, but I still have trouble with the monster. I didn't add any properties to it and placed it slightly above the floor. it just doesn't work, and I deleted my map_cache too. i really hope I can fix this.

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Romulator - 10-01-2015

What doesn't work about the monster? Does it not see you? Does it not walk? Can it not hurt you?

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 01:14 AM)Romulator Wrote: What doesn't work about the monster? Does it not see you? Does it not walk? Can it not hurt you?
It just doesn't appear, for some reason. I deleted my map_cache, put him above the ground and did all that, but he just doesn't appear.

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 03:17 AM)Hypercube Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 01:14 AM)Romulator Wrote: What doesn't work about the monster? Does it not see you? Does it not walk? Can it not hurt you?
It just doesn't appear, for some reason. I deleted my map_cache, put him above the ground and did all that, but he just doesn't appear.
i think the monster is starting to work, but also where do you find the green or red door buttons for the theta doors? i've been looking for them and can't find them. my guess is in entities then station

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - Hypercube - 10-04-2015

Okay so the monster just doesn't work. At all. Other monsters do work like the infected robot or the deep sea diver, and the only one that just doesn't appear when I place it in a level is the puppet. I can't see it, and obviously using puppet_poseable isn't gonna help.

RE: Monsters in Custom Level - A.M Team - 10-04-2015

I have the exact same problem. Only the puppet's. Weird. Could it be a bug?