Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Pre order Amnesia on Steam - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Pre order Amnesia on Steam (/thread-3170.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - ajvitaly - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 12:40 AM)adivel Wrote: Just to know, there will be achievements in Steam?

If there are to be, I'd like to see creative achievements for finding easter eggs, and perhaps solving a particular puzzle within a certain amount of time rather than achievements for things you have to do no matter what.

But I don't think story driven play should be laden with achievements. In my opinion, it almost detracts from allowing myself to be immersed into the game.

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - FetusZero - 03-06-2010

(02-19-2010, 05:57 PM)jens Wrote: You can preorder from our store and then on release you will be able to get activation for Steam on request.

That has just changed my mind about the pre-order, glad I looked on the forums to see if a pre-order on Steam was coming up.

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - ZIGS - 03-06-2010

(03-06-2010, 07:25 AM)FetusZero Wrote:
(02-19-2010, 05:57 PM)jens Wrote: You can preorder from our store and then on release you will be able to get activation for Steam on request.

That has just changed my mind about the pre-order, glad I looked on the forums to see if a pre-order on Steam was coming up.

I keep saying this, Frictional should make that VERY CLEAR in the game's website because they're losing lots of preorders from Steam fanboys that want the game on Steam

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - Power_Infinity - 03-07-2010

(03-06-2010, 07:24 PM)ZIGS Wrote:
(03-06-2010, 07:25 AM)FetusZero Wrote:

I keep saying this, Frictional should make that VERY CLEAR in the game's website because they're losing lots of preorders from Steam fanboys that want the game on Steam

I agree. I was going to preorder the game no matter what, but knowing the preorder will be good for Steam is awesome.

amesia for steam mac version? - bricktop - 03-17-2010

Will Amnesia be available on Steam mac osx version? If i activate my Amnesia preorder on Steam for windows, will i be able to play the osx version as well?

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - jens - 03-17-2010

Yup, that's the plan if nothing goes wrong.

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - -[Badger]- - 04-03-2010

That is Great to hear. Steam is all I use now for PC games, its so convenient and I loved the idea of Mac steam. Cant Wait for this game though, August is so Far away.

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - culmor30 - 04-11-2010

I was just going to wait for it to come out on Steam, glad I checked here. Just preordered based on this thread.

As others have said, you guys should really advertise this on the preorder page. A lot of Steam users aren't going to check the forums, and you'll probably lose a bunch of preorders this way.

Loved Penumbra, can't wait for this game Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - Tayrtahn - 04-17-2010

Well, you can add me to the list of preorder-then-use-steam customers. Smile

RE: Pre order Amnesia on Steam - borsdy - 05-07-2010

(03-17-2010, 01:10 PM)bricktop Wrote: Will Amnesia be available on Steam mac osx version? If i activate my Amnesia preorder on Steam for windows, will i be able to play the osx version as well?
(03-17-2010, 04:54 PM)jens Wrote: Yup, that's the plan if nothing goes wrong.
I would just like to be more clear about this, I don't know if your game will be using features like Steam cloud etc but would we be able to play this game on multiple computers including PC and Mac? I have no clue how Steam will handle third-party multiplatform games because the Mac client is supposed to release by next week.