Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Storage Room. Spoilers. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Hints, help and spoilers (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: Storage Room. Spoilers. (/thread-3955.html)

Pages: 1 2

Storage Room. Spoilers. - salama - 09-08-2010

I'm supposed to find some machinery equipment in the face of rods. I've managed to scavenge only one. There's also a cave-in further down in the storage. Diary says I should look for an alternative way. And in the background there's also this women's crying. I've searched through the storage area at least two times thoroughly. I've succeeded in finding some parts to construct something (I don't remember exactly what). So what now? Ho do I find this alternative way?

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - GoDl1Kelol - 09-08-2010

Make a drill with all the parts and go to the place farthest down the storage.When you do that in the e corridor look for two big barrel like thingies and drill a hole in 'em.Then pick the leaking fluid up with the jar you have.

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - lherrmann - 09-08-2010

(09-08-2010, 07:19 PM)salama Wrote: I'm supposed to find some machinery equipment in the face of rods. I've managed to scavenge only one. There's also a cave-in further down in the storage. Diary says I should look for an alternative way. And in the background there's also this women's crying. I've searched through the storage area at least two times thoroughly. I've succeeded in finding some parts to construct something (I don't remember exactly what). So what now? Ho do I find this alternative way?

I'm stuck in almost the same position.
Spoiler below!
You need three parts to assemble a hand drill, which you can use to get to the contents of the large vats labeled 'primary' and 'secondary'.

Then:
Spoiler below!
use the chemical container from the inventory to collect both liquids, which together form an explosive.

And this is where I am stuck:
Spoiler below!
I suppose, I need to use the explosives to blast open the collapsed tunnel but I can't figure out, how. I can't place it on or near the rubble or do anything else with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - salama - 09-08-2010

@lherrmann
Spoiler below!
You just have to place the jug full of explosive in front of the cave-in. Then what I did in order to make it explode was to toss something its way - a barrel or box.

----------
Well, it seems I'm stuck again.
Spoiler below!
I let the steam flow in the machinery room. Then I put the rods in their correct order. Also found the three gears needed to assemble the machine. And then ... it tells something else has to be done to make the machine work. There seems to be an incinerator next to the mechanism. What does it do?

Ok, I figured it out...
Spoiler below!
... the burner just needs coal to fire up the mechanism. Tongue

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - lherrmann - 09-08-2010

[quote='salama' pid='33265' dateline='1283972076']
@lherrmann
Spoiler below!
You just have to place the jug full of explosive in front of the cave-in. Then what I did in order to make it explode was to toss something its way - a barrel or box.

Thanks! It was the placement of the explosives that was my problem. I have just figured it out by left, right and doubleclicking in the area of the blockage in a slightly frustrated manner. Wink

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - akimbo - 09-08-2010

It seems i cant find the 3 rods...found only 2 after i blew up the rocks

can anyone tell me where the other rod is?

thx

edit: nevermind, i got it Smile

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - razmataz - 09-09-2010

Hi,

I'm stuck at the same spot. I only found two rods at the storage cellar.

Where to find the third one?

Thanks in advance.
Regards, raz

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - lherrmann - 09-09-2010

The third rod is in the study.
Spoiler below!

One of the windows there is damaged...

Spoiler below!

You can break open the window by throwing something against it.

Spoiler below!

Carefully climb out of the window onto the ledge and jump across the latches to your right. The missing rod is in the room behind the other broken window.

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - razmataz - 09-09-2010

ah dammit, I already broke the window and took the cinderbox but did not try to go further! :/

thanks.

RE: Storage Room. Spoilers. - MooCowGal - 09-09-2010

(09-08-2010, 10:33 PM)akimbo Wrote: It seems i cant find the 3 rods...found only 2 after i blew up the rocks

can anyone tell me where the other rod is?

thx

edit: nevermind, i got it Smile

where is the last rod? i searched the study but cant findd it, i have the two from storage