Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Might belong more in the mods section... - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague & Requiem (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Might belong more in the mods section... (/thread-472.html)

Pages: 1 2

Might belong more in the mods section... - gamgam2 - 12-08-2006

Might be a fun mini-feature.

Have a large room, seperate from the game, maybe downloadble or something.
The mini-mod would allow you to create objects at your free will, such as stairs and such.
You would also have the option of creating boards and such, lots of various objects, along with balls and such.
This would allow the player to get used to the enviroment by experimenting on how the objects react with each other, along with alittle fun by creating domino effects with blocks and balls and such.
=/
What are your thoughts on this?

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - piibii - 12-08-2006

You mean something like Garry's Mod?

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Dark - 12-08-2006

well, stairs are probably going to be map objects (= unmovable) so that wouldnt go Smile
could be fun actualy, depends on the size and the shape(s) of the room

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Guest - 02-03-2007

I love garrys mod and the only reason Garry put it on HL:2 was because of the physics and I think that this game has MUCH better physics than the source engine I think i will notify Garry of this game he has probably considered it.

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Dark - 02-04-2007

actualy HL2 has better physics and on a bigger scale
the only thing that penumbra has in its physics engine is the thing that the buckets have (dunno how its called)

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - gamgam2 - 02-04-2007

^ They swing around like they would in real life.

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Guest - 02-04-2007

yeah i just noticed that penumbra dosent have any gibs (ex:the wood dosen't break) the HL:2 source engine is better than this for a game like Gmod.

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Sepai - 02-05-2007

uromastix87 Wrote:yeah i just noticed that penumbra dosent have any gibs (ex:the wood dosen't break) the HL:2 source engine is better than this for a game like Gmod.

hmm what about the physics cards what if it supported them what doors of possiblities would that open?

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Thomas - 02-05-2007

uromastix87 Wrote:yeah i just noticed that penumbra dosent have any gibs (ex:the wood dosen't break) the HL:2 source engine is better than this for a game like Gmod.

Actually penumbra has breakable objects we just didn't make those pellets in the demo video breakable (a think we really regret Tongue).

When it comes to physics Penumbra can do just about anything seen in HL2. However HL2 is probably alot easier to mod considering they have their own mapeditor and so on. If I had an extra pair of tentacles or perhaps even another fulltime programmer, than we might have that aswell though Smile

In any case it is pretty hard for us to compete with HL2 because of our teamsize. So we often feel quite honored when compared to HL2 which has had a lot larger team + more time to develop game and engine.

RE: Might belong more in the mods section... - Sepai - 02-06-2007

Actualy the physics feel more relistic to me in Penumbra then HL2 cause physics just feel too weightless for some reason.

but that could just be me Tongue