Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
How do you like your birthday party? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: How do you like your birthday party? (/thread-51340.html)

How do you like your birthday party? - FlawlessHappiness - 07-19-2016

Hi Smile

As of today I am 20 years old for the next 365 days.
This birthday I chose to do something different that all of my other birthdays.

It has always been tradition in my family that we have a party for the birthday-person. Especially if they're still kids.
Sometimes it's big, with the whole family involved.
Sometimes it's small, with just the parents and siblings.

Either way, a party is held, with cake, flags, and songs.

To me, that's fine, but it's not something I find particularily fun. I don't like having lots of people in the same room, and I don't like being the center of attention in that kind of situation.
I like the food, and I like the idea.

So for my 20th birthday I didn't want a party. I had a fairly long conversation with my mother about my life, where we also happened to talk about my birthday and that I didn't want a party.
I feel like it's weird not to want a party, but at the same time it's totally up to the person themselves.

In a couple of hours I'm going to go to a café and eat lunch with my parents. Just the two of them. It may be a little weird as they're divorced (but not angry at eachother in any way) but that's alright, I hope.

How do you like your parties?
Do you only want to do it with friends? Only with family? Do you want your friends at the same party with your family, or have two separate parties? Do you want many people or just a few?

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - Mudbill - 07-19-2016

I definitely prefer doing a small thing with friends. I'm not very big on family and prefer to stick around my small group of few friends instead because I feel more comfortable with them. I also don't like getting that kind of attention, especially from people I don't know all that well, because it feels like they think of it more like a duty than a privilege.

But as for parties, I don't do them much either. I like to do things with my friends, but we don't need an occasion to do that, so we might just pull one out at a random time that works for all. We had a grilling party about 2 weeks ago. It was gr8 m8.

I do think it's a bit sad that I'm not so involved with my family, but it just doesn't come naturally to me. There are some I like, some I don't mind, and perhaps some I dislike a bit, but no one that I actually seek out on my own free will... Well, except maybe my cousin cause he's a real bro.

Oh, and also happy birthday! My 20's was about 2 weeks ago Tongue

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - FlawlessHappiness - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 08:13 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Oh, and also happy birthday! My 20's was about 2 weeks ago Tongue

Congratulations as well Big Grin

Your answer really sounds nice to me. I like spontanious small get-togethers with no specific theme or occasion. We're here because we want to see eachother.

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - Mudbill - 07-19-2016

I realized it sounded like we did the grilling party for my birthday cause they both happened like 2 weeks ago. I guess it's more like 3 since my bday, but we did the grilling because it was really nice weather. I don't do grilling much but it was very relaxing.
We were like 6 shirtless guys on our veranda playing vinyl records of Michael Jackson on a retro record player. Just sitting in our outside couches talking, eating, drinking soda from an ice bucket. We also invited one of my old friends whom I haven't really spoke much to in years because we were like "what's he been doing all this time? Let's get him here."

Dunno if this sounds like a normal grill party to some but considering how far north I am (69 degrees :^) it's quite the rare thing.

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - WarGod45 - 10-18-2016

Nowadays I prefer doing small things like going for a meal. However a few years ago I threw a party for over 100 people to celebrate my birthdaySmile

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - Red - 10-18-2016

It's been mostly something in which everyone gathers around, parties and possibly drinks. Nothing specific. We just enjoy each other's company somewhere, sometime in a smaller or larger group. That's the way I like it and wouldn't change it.

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - Mudbill - 10-19-2016

GET FACKED AP

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - Statyk - 10-22-2016

Jesus christ what did I just watch

RE: How do you like your birthday party? - A.M Team - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 04:12 AM)Statyk Wrote: Jesus christ what did I just watch

The pearly gates open before you...