Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Update the level editor! - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Update the level editor! (/thread-5287.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Update the level editor! - Vincent - 11-02-2010

Well, I've stopped making levels for now.

Whenever I'm getting a good feeling making maps, it crashes.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but sometimes I forget to save, and I've done alot, then it crashes, and ALL my work is gone.

Is there like a fix or will there be an update?

RE: Update the level editor! - Frontcannon - 11-02-2010

Same problem here too.

RE: Update the level editor! - Seuchensoldat - 11-02-2010

Maybe you should tell when it crashes. My editor only crashes when I put too many decals near other decals.

RE: Update the level editor! - Vincent - 11-02-2010

(11-02-2010, 12:18 PM)Seuchensoldat Wrote: Maybe you should tell when it crashes. My editor only crashes when I put too many decals near other decals.
I can't really tell, it crashes for different reasons, it's a real annoyance.

RE: Update the level editor! - Kyle - 11-02-2010

I know how to fix it. I happens to me. It crashes about every 30 minutes.

SOLUTION!

When you are using the level editor, just save every 10 minutes, put up a timer or something to keep track. EVERY TIME YOU SAVE, close the level editor and just reopen it. There you go! It's fixed! Big Grin

Except you are going to have to do that everytime you open the level editor. Sad

(11-02-2010, 01:46 PM)Kyle Wrote: I know how to fix it. I happens to me. It crashes about every 30 minutes.

SOLUTION!

When you are using the level editor, just save every 10 minutes, put up a timer or something to keep track. EVERY TIME YOU SAVE, close the level editor and just reopen it. There you go! It's fixed! Big Grin

Except you are going to have to do that everytime you open the level editor. Sad

Uhm, doing that everytime, will cost you ALOT of time eventually, closing it, re-opening it, not really a fix.

Just a way around it, but we can't really call that a fix, eh?

I think you will have to live with this saving method. Some years ago I created missions for thief with an editor called DromEd. It loves to crash and kill your progress. Anyone who tried this thing knows what I mean so we are lucky that the HPL2 editor just crashes every 30 minutes and not every 5 minutes... Big Grin

It seems to ALWAYS crash when trying to place :

bone_pile_human2

I tried it right now and it didn't crash. Strange...

RE: Update the level editor! - LoneWolf - 11-02-2010

Mine used to crash randomly also. But now it doesnt crash at all. I dont know how it fixed. I also had my game crash when trying to create the human bone pile.

Anyway i think it may be to do with video cards.