Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Can't DL HPL2 - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Can't DL HPL2 (/thread-53655.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can't DL HPL2 - Kimochii - 04-12-2017

As you see from the title, I can not download HPL2 all of the versions on the wiki give me this as an error... And I cant seem to find a way to DL it from the forum itself..

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Romulator - 04-13-2017

Link is working for me. If it was down earlier, it should be okay now.

https://fricpub.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/hpl2/amnesia_tdd_1.3_editor_suite.zip

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Kimochii - 04-13-2017

(04-13-2017, 04:46 AM)Romulator Wrote: Link is working for me. If it was down earlier, it should be okay now.

https://fricpub.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/hpl2/amnesia_tdd_1.3_editor_suite.zip

I still get the same error pic of the error

If it is allowed and possible please DL the installer (or whatever it is) and upload it to another file sharing site (google drive?) so I can DL it and then you can delete it..

Actually is it possible that I am region blocked? I live in Bulgaria (in the EU)..

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - FlawlessHappiness - 04-13-2017

Since the editor is free for everyone to download (Correct me if I'm wrong), I see no problem in uploading it somewhere else if some website is causing trouble.

Here's a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ut7wt2q5dx2ntj/amnesia_tdd_1.3_editor_suite+%281%29.zip

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Romulator - 04-14-2017

Mirroring or hosting it elsewhere should be okay, it's just a matter of whether or not you keep it updated, which I suspect won't be an issue. Hopefully that works out better. If not, we'll see if we can organise it into a different filename or be uploaded to Mega.

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Kimochii - 04-14-2017

Thanks a lot guys!
I see in Romulator's signature his discord name? I will add you so I can keep my HPL2 editor updated trough you (if it is not a problem for you and you don't mind it)

p.s. when I try to add you it gives me an error, is it outdated or something?
Here is mine Kimochii x3#8336

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Romulator - 04-14-2017

(04-14-2017, 09:01 AM)Kimochii Wrote: Thanks a lot guys!
I see in Romulator's signature his discord name? I will add you so I can keep my HPL2 editor updated trough you (if it is not a problem for you and you don't mind it)

p.s. when I try to add you it gives me an error, is it outdated or something?
Here is mine Kimochii x3#8336

It's extremely unlikely that the HPL2 editor will be updated now, so you should be okay with the reupload FlawlessHappiness has provided. Smile

And my Discord name has changed since. I've been meaning to change it but have just gotten lazy. Tongue Best of luck with your project~

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Kimochii - 04-18-2017

I will use this topic instead of creating a new one.
So I started making my story and I seem to get problems..

I try to follow TechOFreak's tutorials of this in YT everything is the same as his, yet nothing happens..

I have a note with the name of "note01" the same is in the .lang file and in the editor, i've set up everything needed for it, but it does not show any title name or message..

I've set up a message for the first door upon interaction and used the in-game option for callback func, it happened 2/3 times and after that (the moment when I added the key and the note) it doesnt happen anymore.. when imo it should show and appear a message whenever I start the map for first time (not continue from where I left)

I've attached the map in a .rar file so you can check for yourself and hopefully find what I miss ._.

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Mudbill - 04-18-2017

One thing I noticed is that you're using asterisks in your lang file for the names. It's important to remember to never use special characters in the technical names in codes, because these are usually reserved for a specific function or they may disrupt the parsing of the file.

You can NOT use this.
PHP Code:
<Entry Name="ItemName_*KeySubName*">*YourKeyName*</Entry

But you CAN use this:
PHP Code:
<Entry Name="ItemName_KeySubName">*YourKeyName*</Entry

Further down you have an entry where there is a space between "Name" and the equals sign. I'm not sure if this is an issue or not though, but generally you don't put a space there.

Lastly, judging from your script, there is nothing that "gets the ball rolling" so to speak. You didn't add any callbacks in OnStart or OnEnter, so any other functions will never happen (unless you added the callback via the fields in the level editor). You did set the player's oil to 0 though, so check your inventory if that has actually happened.

RE: Can't DL HPL2 - Kimochii - 04-19-2017

I have changed everything in the .lang file and removed the asterisks - nothing changed, nothing happened everything is the same (plus i've removed the spaces between "Name" and the equal sign.

In-game i've set up the door to run a func upon interaction, but it seems like the func does not work? maybe it is the timer that i've made a mistake..

p.s. fixed everything, works damn fine.. i'm tilted af..

this is how .lang file should look like
example of what is wrong and what is right, why is it like that?

On the topic of the door not showing messages I had the problem with the .lang file and a problem with wrong times on the timer (god I love when my head works like a tick-tick clockwork machine)

I am just not sure on a shorter text of the note what to add to directly go to a new page?
Like for example I have "Hello" and I want it instantly to move the next sentence to a new page, was the command <br> ?

BTW Thanks for the help mudbill! you might take this example of .lang file into note for future problems caused (if any).. I just wanted to make it more ordered and simple looking..