Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Mouse not working - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Mouse not working (/thread-56790.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Mouse not working - decorusveritas - 08-26-2020

Sorry about having PM turned off; didn't realize I'd done that. I can receive PM's now.

RE: Mouse not working - Brimstone - 08-27-2020

nebej?

RE: Mouse not working - CardiacShotgun - 09-03-2020

Brimstone, I think that your fix may be able to help me as I'm experiencing the same problem as listed above. However I don't know which of the sdb files in the CUSTOMSDB folder I should delete, as they're all just random character strings. I'm also at a loss on how to remove the sdb from the GOG Amnesia executable itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Mouse not working - Brimstone - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 03:57 AM)CardiacShotgun Wrote: Brimstone, I think that your fix may be able to help me as I'm experiencing the same problem as listed above. However I don't know which of the sdb files in the CUSTOMSDB folder I should delete, as they're all just random character strings. I'm also at a loss on how to remove the sdb from the GOG Amnesia executable itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sdb should have the same build date like the file in the Amnesia installation directory.

Still no official news from GOG about the issue and still no news from Frictional Games about the bugged game mode selection when starting a "New Game".

These 2 annoying bugs in 1.41a needs to be fixed please!

RE: Mouse not working - Astalon - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 03:29 PM)Brimstone Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 03:57 AM)CardiacShotgun Wrote: Brimstone, I think that your fix may be able to help me as I'm experiencing the same problem as listed above. However I don't know which of the sdb files in the CUSTOMSDB folder I should delete, as they're all just random character strings. I'm also at a loss on how to remove the sdb from the GOG Amnesia executable itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sdb should have the same build date like the file in the Amnesia installation directory.

Still no official news from GOG about the issue and still no news from Frictional Games about the bugged game mode selection when starting a "New Game".

Have you tried to restore the game to 1.40? It worked for me.

RE: Mouse not working - Brimstone - 09-05-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:05 PM)Astalon Wrote: Have you tried to restore the game to 1.40? It worked for me.

Yes, this version works. But it has problems with 4K resolution for me. Everything is zoomed in, so 3/4 of the screen is out of range. While the latest version have this fixed.

What I need is version 1.41 without the "a".
Can someone send me the Amnesia.exe? Then I can look in a hex editor and figure out which changes broke the game mode selection.

RE: Mouse not working - CardiacShotgun - 09-06-2020

(09-04-2020, 04:05 PM)Astalon Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 03:29 PM)Brimstone Wrote:

Have you tried to restore the game to 1.40? It worked for me.
Yeah I actually went back to 1.40 and have been playing the game fine. First time through and really enjoying it. And Luckily I'm at 2k resolution so I don't have the 4k scaling issues.

RE: Mouse not working - Brimstone - 09-06-2020

(09-06-2020, 05:21 AM)CardiacShotgun Wrote: And Luckily I'm at 2k resolution so I don't have the 4k scaling issues.

What's that for an argument? The game has to work in 4K, otherwise it's broken and no experience at all.

RE: Mouse not working - decorusveritas - 09-07-2020

I can also confirm that everything works in 1.40. Looks like we'll have to play it that way, all though I want to reiterate for those who liked the fixes of the latest update that you can play with a gamepad. Part of whatever is broke is that the game defaults to gamepad controls, not the mouse. But if we want mouse functionality, looks like 1.40 is the only option.

RE: Mouse not working - Brimstone - 09-07-2020

I already wrote what broke mouse. Does this bug also exist in the Steam version?
Why not playing with 1.41 non "a" ?

And does 1.40 work in 4K for you?

Can someone from Frictional Games say something?