Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
The most scariest enemy - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: The most scariest enemy (/thread-5810.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The most scariest enemy - DIGI Byte - 12-21-2010

and what if the sewer had 2 lurkers?

RE: The most scariest enemy - LoneWolf - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 08:41 AM)Shev Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 08:36 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Hahaha well what makes the brute so scary? he's just the same as the grunt

the lurker is easy to avoid if your quick with your keys and after it gets easy to distract it, but admit it... you freaked when you knew what it was and you slipped in the water when it was nearby

With the lurker I knew how to avoid it and knew where it was easier.

The brute is just like the grunt, except it makes a different noise, and the fact that when you first run into it you find a grunt cut in half gives you the feeling its something more powerful than a grunt.

Actually your wrong... you first find the brute when you inject blood into yourself so that you can go to the sewer.

Anyway i voted for brute simply because he 1 hit kills you and he sounds far scarier and before seeign him he sounds horrible, metal clinking as he walk..... and the weird sounds it makes makes you not dare look at him.

RE: The most scariest enemy - Alex7754 - 12-21-2010

Waterlurker, First time I faced it I was traumatized the rest of the game. The sound of walking in water was so loud and "splashy" I couldn't bare to walk in anysort of water, not even fountains.
Still tho, you don't run into many so you don't spend as much time in the game afraid of the lurker as you do the grunt. Still, when you do come to the rare water flooded levels, such dread becomes you.. then the fear

Also the sound of the lurker banging on doors is really scary.

RE: The most scariest enemy - Yuhaney - 12-21-2010

I would say that the most scary was the sound that started after they were hunting you down.
Everytime I sneaked past an enemy and thought that I passed it, that sound started... uh oh. Confused

RE: The most scariest enemy - Shev - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 03:19 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 08:36 AM)DIGI Byte Wrote: Hahaha well what makes the brute so scary? he's just the same as the grunt

the lurker is easy to avoid if your quick with your keys and after it gets easy to distract it, but admit it... you freaked when you knew what it was and you slipped in the water when it was nearby

The brute is just like the grunt, except it makes a different noise, and the fact that when you first run into it you find a grunt cut in half gives you the feeling its something more powerful than a grunt.

Actually your wrong... you first find the brute when you inject blood into yourself so that you can go to the sewer.

Anyway i voted for brute simply because he 1 hit kills you and he sounds far scarier and before seeign him he sounds horrible, metal clinking as he walk..... and the weird sounds it makes makes you not dare look at him.

Oh shit, I didn't even know that was a brute.

RE: The most scariest enemy - SillySprites - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 09:03 PM)Shev Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 03:19 PM)LoneWolf Wrote:

Oh shit, I didn't even know that was a brute.

Grunt scares me :< it looks so..So..Dnfsdkf

RE: The most scariest enemy - DIGI Byte - 12-21-2010

aww its ok Sprites, think of him as Mr. Chuckles and then you'll see him smile a lil more in his depressing life

... litterally >.>

RE: The most scariest enemy - LoneWolf - 12-21-2010

(12-21-2010, 10:57 PM)DIGI Byte Wrote: aww its ok Sprites, think of him as Mr. Chuckles and then you'll see him smile a lil more in his depressing life

... litterally >.>

Mr. Chuckles.... lol what did you name the other one?

I'm suprised no one picked the shadow, in real life that woudl be the worst by far, slime growing on you..... gives me the shivers thinking about it.

RE: The most scariest enemy - ving - 12-22-2010

i still have a long way to go in the game (i dont get much time to play). so far the water lurker has me scared shitless... it gives me the creaps just thinking aobut it.

RE: The most scariest enemy - Shev - 12-22-2010

I don't see how the lurkers scary at all. He's extremely easy to avoid and manipulate, it was more like a platform level to me...