Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? (/thread-6115.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - RawkBandMan - 01-08-2011

I think that Left 4 Dead campaigns in Amnesia would be quite interesting. Just getting rid of the cars and the more modern stuff and replace it with like torches on the wall or something. I could do it, but I have no expirence with any Level Editor or anything like it. I have only used Gimp and Paint. Would anyone else like this idea?

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - kailip - 01-08-2011

first: l4d isn't a horror game.

second: i don't think this is going to be good.

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - Mekose - 01-09-2011

Yeh, no. You can't import source (hammer) maps into the hpl engine (as far as I know without insane difficulty). Besides, it wouldn't make any sense, l4d is not a horror game and the flow of the maps were made for a quick intense run-through. It just wouldn't work and even if it did it probably wouldn't be very good. At the least you could take "influence" from l4d, as in the environments or level design.

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - xiphirx - 01-09-2011

Next up: Call of Daniel: The Dark Descent

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - Sel - 01-09-2011

[Image: what650.jpg]

This is easily one of the worst ideas.

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - DIGI Byte - 01-09-2011

Hahha, I just laughed when I saw the votes, nuff said

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - RawkBandMan - 01-09-2011

Yea... EXACTLY what I expected. But I don't mean like L4D with zombies and crap. I mean like just the L4D maps. Brutes replace tanks, grunts replace SI. It was just an idea. I know it's a horrible idea, and actually yes L4D is a horror game, just not a scary kind of horror. The only time you'll ever scream is outta fustration when a Hunter pounces you. So I guess my 1st idea for a custom is dead. Back to the drawing board.

If I had a drawing board D:

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - kailip - 01-09-2011

(01-09-2011, 07:35 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Yea... EXACTLY what I expected. But I don't mean like L4D with zombies and crap. I mean like just the L4D maps. Brutes replace tanks, grunts replace SI. It was just an idea. I know it's a horrible idea, and actually yes L4D is a horror game, just not a scary kind of horror. The only time you'll ever scream is outta fustration when a Hunter pounces you. So I guess my 1st idea for a custom is dead. Back to the drawing board.

If I had a drawing board D:

Try to make something original, use your imagination! Big Grin

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - Sel - 01-09-2011

^^

A++ post

RE: Left 4 Dead Custom Story? - RawkBandMan - 01-10-2011

Hm..... If only I had a imagination, I could make something. Maybe I should just make like a campaign with a few maps like 3 to start off. Kinda like a castle still, but except it will be my way. It will probably be a pretty easy map, But I want to start something bad. I'll be the only one who owns Amnesia to NOT make a custom map. I think. I hope not.

EDIT: How do I put together the Custom Story? I have the test map ready, but How do I run it in Amnesia?