Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia Black Screen - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia Black Screen (/thread-6203.html)

Amnesia Black Screen - noctus cornix - 01-14-2011

As the title says, I just received Amnesia today and already I'm having difficulties with it. I was able to finally get the game working when I completely updated my driver but now when I play the game, the screen is completely black. I am able to sign in through the menu bar and even start the game. I can hear the opening, even read the subtitles, open up my journal screen, can hear myself jumping when i hit the space bar, and see all the pretty hints on the top of the screen but the actual game itself is completely black.

I have an Intel® HD Graphics drive, fully updated and it still won't work.

I have already gone through the entire troubleshoot page, I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on another graphics card simply because the game won't accept this one and have spent about 6 hours just to get this game working...

This is why I hate computer games....

Can some one PLEASE help me out without giving me the same routine bot answer? Dodgy

Thank you for your time.

(post edited slightly to remove the rude comments. Apologies, I was extremely tired and low on patience at the time.)

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - jens - 01-14-2011

The game requirements are to have an ati or nvidia graphics card, so unfortunately the intel integrated will not be able to run the game (yet). If Intel updates and improves their drivers the game might work in the future.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - kailip - 01-14-2011

(01-14-2011, 01:13 PM)noctus cornix Wrote: I have already gone through the entire troubleshoot page, I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on another graphics card simply because the game won't accept this one (which I believe is absolute crap) and have wasted about 6 hours of my life just to get this game working...

This is why I hate computer games....

Don't blame the game. You should see the game specs and run the demo before buying it, it is YOUR fault. deal with it.

And it's not the game who won't accept this graphics card, it's this graphics card that won't run the game properly. It may run in the future with some driver updates.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - mynameisme - 01-20-2011

You should be happy, the fact the game actually runs now, (granted with a black screen) is great news for patient fans like myself. It means things are moving in the right direction, if nothing else , take solace in that fact Smile.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - Taikutsu - 01-21-2011

I'm not sure if anyone has tried contacting Intel yet about the issue but I've started up a series of e-mails with their technical support and will keep pestering them until they can come up with some kind of definitive resolution.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - Xanthe_ - 01-21-2011

I tryed with intel GMA915 laptop and black screen... theres is different your intel so if wanna try one thing is change http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-030506.htm settings from intelĀ“s control panel all ON from off. Then try IF its work.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - slewis7 - 01-22-2011

(01-21-2011, 10:56 AM)Taikutsu Wrote: I'm not sure if anyone has tried contacting Intel yet about the issue but I've started up a series of e-mails with their technical support and will keep pestering them until they can come up with some kind of definitive resolution.

If you have an email address to suggest for Intel support, I would be glad to send a message to them. In fact, if you think it might help, you could create a new topic on this forum to inform folks how to contact Intel requesting improved Open GL drivers. Hopefully, with a concerted effort, we can get their attention.

RE: Amnesia Black Screen - Taikutsu - 01-23-2011

Mmm, starting up a new topic sounds like a good idea.
I'll get onto writing that up.