Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
[solved ]framerates slow down - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Penumbra Series (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [solved ]framerates slow down (/thread-723.html)

Pages: 1 2

[solved ]framerates slow down - klownk - 03-31-2007

Hello,

The game works fine but at the beginning, I enter a room like office or storage and when I exit the room the framerate slowdown considerably like 3 or 5 FPS... Before I enter office or storage, the same room (the big one with map at the entrance and dogs) works normally...

Some help please ?

I have a 7950 gx2, drivers up to date.

RE: framerates slow down - Thomas - 03-31-2007

Suggestions:

- turn of posteffecfts
- turn of shadows
- turn down resolution
- choose a lower shader model (not lowest though)
- lower texture resolution.

I am afraid there is no "silver bullet" for bad framerates, it depends on alot on your hardware configuration.

RE: framerates slow down - klownk - 03-31-2007

With a Geforce 7950 GX2, AMD64 Dual core 4200+ , in 1280x760 ??

It's really a soft problem.

The game runs very fast all the time until I exit office or storage room.
The first time I enter the big room with the map and the dogs, the game runs fast. After I enter the storage or office room and come back in the big room, I have 3,4 fps until I enter storage or office room again.

Even with all effect down, in 800x600, the game, only in the big room THE SECOND TIME (not the first), has 3 or 4 FPS...

RE: framerates slow down - jens - 03-31-2007

Does this always happen? Could be that something odd has happened and the game is stuck in that moment causing the lag, try replaying from the start or from a save from before you entered the big room the first time.

Always happen. Started from the beginning and still the same thing...

RE: framerates slow down - WindexGlow - 03-31-2007

Make sure you have any un-needed applications not running. That can both the computer sometimes.

RE: framerates slow down - Thomas - 03-31-2007

This is strange, I am afradi I ahve no idea what might be happening, will have to think about it.

Meanwhile, try WindexGlow's suggestion and see if you got some app running that might be interfering.

RE: framerates slow down - sin`pl - 03-31-2007

i have similar problem in the caves, where you have spiders for the first time. when i grab something (rock etc) game just freeze for few seconds... i'm playing on asus a3vc noteboook, radeon x700

Ok problem solved. Drivers issue, apparently. I reinstalled it and It works normally.

By the way, this is a brillant game.
I can't believe that noone had the idea to make a adventure game in subjective view based on physics until now...

RE: framerates slow down - Thomas - 04-02-2007

Glad you solved it and like the game Smile