Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Support (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-57.html)
+--- Forum: Technical Support - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics (/thread-7736.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Raspberry - 05-01-2011

Hey guys.

So here's the deal. I got a new laptop that has both Intel Mobile HD graphics or whatever (integrated) and AMD Radeon HD 6470M (dedicated). The problem is Amnesia only detects the intergrated one, so when I go to play, I don't see the actual game screen. I see menus, journals, subtitles, etc but not the actual game.

I'm tried disabling the integrated gfx in device manager but then my AMD gfx also stopped working.

Any protips?

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Bek - 05-02-2011

What strange strange laptop would have both? o.O

Disabling the intel card would've been my guess too.. hm, is it perhaps some power saving feature of the laptop to choose which device to use?

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Tanshaydar - 05-02-2011

Maybe you should create a profile for the game in driver settings.

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Raspberry - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 12:50 AM)Bek Wrote: What strange strange laptop would have both? o.O

Disabling the intel card would've been my guess too.. hm, is it perhaps some power saving feature of the laptop to choose which device to use?

Intel inspiron 15r.

There's this application called switchable graphics that lets me assign recently run programs to either High Performance or Power Savings graphics. I've done High performance for Amnesia, still doesn't detect it.

(05-02-2011, 01:49 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Maybe you should create a profile for the game in driver settings.

Where do I find these driver settings?

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Bek - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 11:21 AM)Raspberry Wrote: I've done High performance for Amnesia, still doesn't detect it.

Did you do it for Amnesia.exe and/or launcher.exe? Try both. My guess is launcher would be the essential one.

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Raspberry - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 11:33 AM)Bek Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 11:21 AM)Raspberry Wrote: I've done High performance for Amnesia, still doesn't detect it.

Did you do it for Amnesia.exe and/or launcher.exe? Try both. My guess is launcher would be the essential one.

I did both. It appears that the integrated and the dedicated video cards work together, that even if high performance is selected, it still runs "through" the integrated one

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Ocean112 - 05-07-2011

Don't disable via device manager but instead try diabling it in your bios or something....that should make more sense Wink

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Bek - 05-08-2011

I'd be surprised if the bios gave those options, but can't hurt to check for sure.

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - Raspberry - 05-09-2011

I checked and bios didnt give those options. But either way that wouldnt help cos my graphics would just stop working. My dedicated and intergrated gfx seem to work together. Is there something there something that could be done with the game so that it doesn't need to do that gfx detection? dunno if that would help

RE: Amnesia detecting integrated graphics before dedicated graphics - matlbr - 06-24-2011

I have the same problem.

Have anyone of us has any idea how to solve this problem?